VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting Help From A Vet. Rep.

Rate this question

tdak

Question

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone knows how much information can a vet rep see in the computer. Not one from the VARO, but one from the American Legion. I know different people from the 800# look at different screens. I am talking about the Am. Legion rep who is helping you or filed the claim(s) for you. Do they or can they see any notes (if any at all) a rep from the 800# may have put in the computer?

Thanks!

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My friend Dean Reynolds who recently passed away was a NSO for Viet Nam Veterans of America and he told me that they could see everything that the VA had.

The basic answer to your question is "yes" they have the ability to view all of the information that is provided within VA's computer applications for only the veterans that they represent. However, whether or not they understand what they are looking at is up for debate and this sort of falls in line with the never ending debate on "how do I know if my representative knows what he/she is talking about."

Then again, there are plenty of people who pull phone duty for the VA that also fit into the category of "make it up as you go."

Then again, there are plenty of people who pull phone duty for the VA that also fit into the category of "make it up as you go."

I have run into this again and again... is it a training issue, overwork... what, it just doesnt make much sense.

• HadIt.com Elder

One has to keep in mind that the original intent of the 1-800 number wasn't to be tracking system for veteran's claims. Its intent is to provide the caller with basic information on veterans benefits, such as sending forms to claimants, basic eligibility requirements ect... The 1-800 jockey is nothing more than a GS-3 or GS-4 and doesn't have the training as a VSR or RVSR would have with the COVERS, MAP-D, or other screens. The best way to get accurate information is to contact your RO throughthe IRIS inquiry page on the VA's website.

Vike 17