Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting Help From A Vet. Rep.

Rate this question

tdak

Question

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone knows how much information can a vet rep see in the computer. Not one from the VARO, but one from the American Legion. I know different people from the 800# look at different screens. I am talking about the Am. Legion rep who is helping you or filed the claim(s) for you. Do they or can they see any notes (if any at all) a rep from the 800# may have put in the computer?

Thanks!

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest jangrin

You said.

"However, whether or not they understand what they are looking at is up for debate and this sort of falls in line with the never ending debate on "how do I know if my representative knows what he/she is talking about."

What would be so difficult for them to understand. I havn't seen or had a veteran put any decision on the board to share that would make me think that the VSO could not understand what was going on, by looking at our case on-line. WHy would it be too much for them to understand by looking at the case in the VA computer?

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

It seems like my vet rep. knows something more than she is telling me. When I spoke to her this past Monday, the 12th, we were going ahead with sending a claim for another secondary condition, plus all the extras I had posted before, just things lingering that we were waiting to do. In any case, when we spoke she said she would write up the letter along with get the correct forms together, to make sure the wording was correct, besides is tas after 4pm when we spoke. She would fax me everything to go over before signing. She told me on she would have this to me within a few days. I said ok and that I would be waiting to hear from her. Today is Tuesday and still no fax or email or letter from her to go over so we can submit.

It just really makes me wonder if she is draggin her feet for a reason. She has never done this before.

I know this is definately out of the ordinary for a rep to do (at least I would think so) so like I said before...hmmmmmm. :lol:

Patiently waiting,

Tamara

Guest RickB54
Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone knows how much information can a vet rep see in the computer. Not one from the VARO, but one from the American Legion. I know different people from the 800# look at different screens. I am talking about the Am. Legion rep who is helping you or filed the claim(s) for you. Do they or can they see any notes (if any at all) a rep from the 800# may have put in the computer?

Thanks!

I can tell you based on my experince as a DAV service officer, we did not have access to va computer information. The only represenatives that have access are those that sit at the regional offices, or those that sit at va offices on military bases.

• HadIt.com Elder

Rick:

If they have the POA they can see almost anything that the VARO has on the computer. I saw this when my VVA Rep showed me on his computer.

My rep is from the American Legion and she looked at her computer screen and all she told me it said was pending and the date. I was just wondering because of her telling me that she would drop me if I did an IRIS inquiry again. Well I haven't done an IRIS, but I have called.

Tamara

Guest RickB54
Rick:

If they have the POA they can see almost anything that the VARO has on the computer. I saw this when my VVA Rep showed me on his computer.

Pete,

I can only tell you from what I know as from being a NC dav Chapter service officer. We did not have access. Only the DAV Nation Service Officers who were located at the Regional offices, and those represenatives on Fort Bragg had access. If other states allowed access to the computers from chapters I cant say. Was you VVA rep located at the regional office?