VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have you called the Whitehouse hot line for Veterans lately?

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I wonder how many veterans have called the Whitehouse Hotline... and more important how many veterans actually had their concerned addressed?

I just made a call this morning, my call concerned the new inflation rate of 8.6% and Disabled Veteran Compensation.

First, I don't expect my call to generate any concern for veterans, in fact the call isn't even answerd by Whitehouse personnal, its answered by employees of 

the VA.  ( Who knew) Had I know this upfront, I would not have bothered to waste my time, ( regardless it was probability a waste of time anyway).

I basically asked what the Whitehouse, or President was going to do for Veterans concerning inflation and Veteran Compensation, I indicated this president has not 

done a darn thing for veterans since he was elected, except get our soldiers killed in Afghanistan.  With that said the guy on the other end didn't

say anything except hello and goodby. One thing I am sure of is  no matter when a veteran calls the hotline  the odds are that nothing will be done to help veterans.

Normally I would not have made such a call, ( In fact, I believe if you have no control over something, why worry about it, because worry won't help) but recently my wife (of almost 50

years) has been going back and forth to San Antonio to help my son care for his young Children. Its not that he cannot afford a babysitter, but his wife recently walked out and he/we

don't think the children should be rushed off to a babys sitter at this time.

It use to cost about $35 for a round trip, to San Antonio and Back to Killeen, Now it cost over $100 a round trip.  Sometimes she makes the trip twice a week, this week she has not

been home once. Factually. like most Americans, I have seen our savings go down quicker than we would have expected and its all because of Inflation.

Anyway I felt the need to vent, knowing it doesn't really help.   Have a good day all.

Edited by Richard1954

5 hours ago, Dot09 said:

I am asking Congress to compensate our grossly underpaid disabled veterans

Its a good letter, perhaps all veterns should send one like it to our represenatives. But honestly, I don't think it will accomplist anything. still it could not hurt to try.

You can contact your rep at (254)933-1392 

John Carter has his office in Belton, TX. 

More contact info can be found at http://carter.house.gov

I gave my rep an earful last year when inflation was still ramping up. Mike Gallagher is my rep. I got a call back from his assistants and they took down all my info and even made a file and assured me it would get directly to Mike. So he knows. It's all you can do at this point. 

Just my thoughts, compensation should include comp for the period from first filing claim.  No not the percentage comp that you get if win a claim but comp for delaying a claim that you win years and months later.  This comp is because your claim SHOULD of gone through the FIRST TIME AND COMP FOR Delay in payment.  I am sure I am not the only one that bills fail behind and ended up in collection, relationships strained or worst.. and add in mental stress of lossing a good job and/or family because your not who you "use" to be.  Our lives changed going into the military, then further changed by the many things we each have gone through.  To go through the waiting period and "pin & needles" waiting on "the letter" is quit enough.. then to contend with the bills.. yea.. 😞