Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where to find disability Claims help for FREE

Rate this question

Boro

Question

Can anyone direct me to a place where I can get FREE advice or help about disability claims.   Seems like a lot of places lead you on to believe they're going to help until you get to their fee structure.  I am 73, retired, not working, currently getting VA disability but would like help in how I can possibly achieve a 100% rating, and I'm not paying for it.  I just filed for Hypertension righ after President Biden signed the PACT Act.

Anyhow, I'm in southern AZ.  I'll travel somewhere to get my questions answered or do it online or texting.  Whatever works for the person that would give me advice.

Charles Borozinski

I see it. Thanks. Now what is he rated for?  That's not in his profile. 

Last request for an increase, I don't see that. Is he getting treatment?

The VA is a stickler on that. He could represent himself. 

This is the problem. This vet is crying for help. He just asked a simple question. I know that people can find the answers by research. He has being doing that. But must of us are using our upscale knowledge and expertise. We know nothing about this vet. He stated that he is 73.  Instead of making the vet use today's technology that wasn't available in his time period, why can't we just ask simple questions point him into the right direction. Someone stated make sure that you look into BVA apps. You do not know what other people knows and other people don't know what you know. 

You may know the system because that's your job. Years of experience. But he doesn't. 

This site is free. He is looking for advice and guidance. Give him what he needs. Making a 73 year old man do research. Is that really how we respect our elders?  Here is my cell phone. Make a call, most of the elders do not know how to use a cell phone. 

Today's world, gotta love it. 

He asked for where to get help. It was provided. If he isn't comfortable with technology he can get a VSO to help him.

You are right, we're don't know. Why assume he doesn't know how to look things up? He found this site, didn't he? He was given some directions to go in, we can't work his claim for him.  

You suggested, after all, that he could represent himself. That would require research. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

First things first, any veteran that has access to the internet can pretty much find whatever they are looking for. With that said, you are jumping to conclusion that this veteran due to his age is computer illiterate, yet you overlooked the fact that he did find this site. Second the veteran also stated that he is willing to travel and ask questions online and or texting. Try not to paint a foggy picture or get the whole situation mixed/messed up. In no way shape or form did the veteran state that they had problems using the computer and or internet so why on earth did you bring it up is beyond me. Respect, your post may be disrespecting this veteran more than other posts. The proper way to respond to a post is to not assume anything. If the veteran was having computer problems, then I think they would have stated it, outside of that, we responded, and he has yet to reply to our response.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Mr. Borozinski

Sir - as pointed out earlier, a local VSO can be very useful.  You will find them in Tucson and Phoenix.  No fee for VSO assistance.  Some are very knowledgeable about vet law and claims process.... others not so much.  That's my experience.  Others may have a different view.

I have extensive experience helping vets in my local VFW and American Legion.  Call me and I will be glad to hear your situation and offer help if I can.  Chuck  908-310-2569.

PS - if you don't have your VA C-file request a copy ASAP.

Best,