Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Waitingtoolongdave

Question

Hello everyone! After 7 long years, I was finally granted service connection on May 13th of this year for a lumbar injury and sciatic nerve paralysis. After calling the VA hotline a few times, I've been told my issues are in the "decision phase."

However, a 3rd issue was remanded. I have a c&p exam scheduled for the remanded issue on October 31st. 

My question is: Will they issue a rating and award for the 2 issues already granted or will they wait for the remanded issue to be adjudicated before I see a rating and award?

It looks like its folded into M21-5 7.D.2, the DROC manual, that I may soon come to know better since I may be starting in the D.C. DROC soon. 

https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ssnew/help/customer/locale/en-US/portal/554400000001018/content/554400000140652/M21-5,-Chapter-7,-Section-D---Documenting-Appeal-Decisions

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Founder
19 hours ago, Waitingtoolongdave said:

V.ii.3.B.1.c

V.ii.3.B.1.c.  When to Make a Partial Rating Decision

Make a partial rating decision when one or more issues require additional development before they can be decided, but the record otherwise contains sufficient evidence to 
  • grant any claim at issue, including service connection (SC) at a noncompensable level
  • reduce, or propose to reduce, a benefit
  • sever, or propose to sever, SC, and/or
  • propose or implement a finding of incompetency for payment purposes.
Important:  The Veterans Benefits Administration’s mission is to serve Veterans and their eligible dependents and survivors in the most timely and accurate manner possible.
  • It is only appropriate to extend suspense or diary dates if it is necessary for a specific adjudicative action.  Suspense dates must always correspond with specific actions and should not be arbitrarily extended under any circumstance.
  • When employees handle a claim, they are expected to take the most full and complete action possible on a claim every time – including development, rating, and promulgation actions – to move a claim forward to accurate completion in the claims process.  Every effort should be made to move the claim to the next processing cycle each time it is handled.
Exception:  When issues cannot be resolved because of a Veteran’s return to active duty, follow the procedures in M21-1, Part IV, Subpart ii, 2.A.4.c.

References:  For more information on
19 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

It looks like its folded into M21-5 7.D.2, the DROC manual, that I may soon come to know better since I may be starting in the D.C. DROC soon. 

https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ssnew/help/customer/locale/en-US/portal/554400000001018/content/554400000140652/M21-5,-Chapter-7,-Section-D---Documenting-Appeal-Decisions

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.