Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking for information on DOEHRS

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

I have been slowly scanning through my personnel file and I found a page that says DOEHRS was accessed to find my military hearing tests. my 97, 98 and 00 hearing tests showing my hearing loss. Note, I am 70% hearing loss connected now anyways but my medical records have been lost since I've been out. I send in a request for them every other year hoping to find them. Very weird. I wonder how they have those but they cannot find them for me? Anyone else have that issue? 

DOHERS is occupational health and safety records- like OSHA stuff. Exposure  affidavitts, hearing conservation chklists and sign offs from period health assessments, etc. Its not full medical.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Surprisingly it has more in it than my service medical records. Is there a way to get the records from Dohers? 

https://doehrs-ih.csd.disa.mil/Doehrs/accounts/displayRequestAccount.do

You can try- but I googled that. We don't search DOHERS, as we have other places that usually have this information, or it is part of the electronic record upon separation. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

OK I will look into it. I have tried the National Archives many times and all I get is my DD214 and entry physicals. Are there any other places you can think of? I called Ft. Drum, My last National Guard unit. I have done a couple congressional inquires and nobody can fine anything on me. Its pretty crazy really. Thanks

We check NPRC, existing VA records for STRs. Personnel we also request from NPRC (if older) or direct from service. Rsv/NG are from NPRC if older, or also direct from unit if provided with that and they are relatively recent. Occasionally we request direct from the military treatment faciliity if we have that information and if they aren't older than 7-10 yrs- at that point they have usually been sent to scanning or NPRC. What time frame are we talking, here? 

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

I'm going to try the VA records management center again. I have some things that happen to me in service that I'd love to claim but without my records its not worth the frustration.