VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just filed a BDD claim, is a virtual exam normal?

Rate this question

Deagle

Question

I filed for a BDD claim as I'm coming off active duty im a few months. 

I worked with a VSO and she did the majority of the work, i just got her about 1000 pages of medical records. 

I have filed for sleep apnea with CPAP, PTSD, Anxiety, & depression (I go to a local Vets center), 11 surgeries, IBS, Migraines and some other more common ailments (tinitus, high BP, stuff like that).

Within a couple weeks i got an email requesting a virtual TeleC&P examination for my Compensation and Pension claim. 

Is this normal? Shouldnt i go through the actual military clinic for my physical claim, especially with 11 surgeries, degenerative disc disease, and other physical ailments? 

Its just seems weird to do a telemedicine appointment with a 3rd party provider (VSE). Am I overthinking this?

It sounds like they made an appointment for you for a C&P exam with contractor VES by remote internet interview.  I assume you have strong medical records to support your claims of service connection for those medical issues.

As an example, that may help you to understand. In March and April I attended in person two CP exams by contractor QTC for a claim of GERD as secondary to PTSD and medications and a claim of Tinnitus due to Vietnam combat in 70.  Both examiners listened to my oral statements of my severe symptoms, and they reviewed my strong VA medical records in their PCs of my long term treatment and prescriptions for GERD. I also brought copies of some of those records with me to include private doctor records.

Within 20 days my GERD claim was granted for 60% and Tinnitus for 10%.  Exams lasted about 1 hour.

Maybe the VES folks will allow you to upload files of your written statements and medical evidence copies to their website before or after the interview.  

My comment not legal advice as I not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO

Edited by Dustoff1970

Thank you, I gave them around 1000 pages of medical records between military and private. 11 surgeries were all while on active duty. These files were complete with radiology, x-rays, MRIs, surgeon reports, the works. Everything I claimed I've had a medical diagnosis for with either the VA directly or private doctors where I've been going for years now. 

I have military records of multiple deployments, performance reports with my EKIA/EWIA and put everything in there and was as transparent as I can be. 

I was more worried about the range of motion measurements, I have some from physical therapy and things like that but never from the military so I was a little worried. 

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate your time. 

Be prepared to give them oral statements about the severity of your symptoms and physical limitations via internet interview.  They may even have you perform some physical motions that they may be able to view via webcam???

You will not go through a military facility for your exams.  Most are conducted by third party contractors and in a rate occasion maybe a VA clinic.  Your VSO should have explained the process, timeline, and expectations in detail before you left their office.

It's understandable to have concerns about a virtual TeleC&P examination for your BDD claim. While it may seem a bit unusual, virtual exams have become more common, especially in recent times. It's a way to streamline the process and make it more accessible for veterans like yourself.
Although going through the actual military clinic might seem like the standard procedure, the VA sometimes utilizes third-party providers to conduct these exams. Rest assured, they are trained professionals who specialize in assessing various conditions.
Wishing you the best with your claim and your health, Deagle! And if you need a little distraction from the process, https://yadong.cam/ offers some steamy entertainment to take your mind off things.

Edited by careocerebro

14 minutes ago, careocerebro said:

It's understandable to have concerns about a virtual TeleC&P examination for your BDD claim. While it may seem a bit unusual, virtual exams have become more common, especially in recent times. It's a way to streamline the process and make it more accessible for veterans like yourself.

It is also used on 'conventional' medicine as a way to reach patients in inaccessible areas or those that are homebound, so its not just a veteran thing, most of the medical establishment is moving towards it.