VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C@P exam

Rate this question

Ken Dillon

Question

Next week I have C@P exam with the VA. In the pass I had to go to outside contractors ended up with bad results. C@P exam is about depression related to my chronic back pain after 3 surgeries. Do the VA do MH exams mostly?

Thanks Ken

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I am not so sure how it works today but when I had applied for PTSD in 2012, the VA had did my c&p exam and I was awarded 50 off the back. 2017 I had filed for an increase and it was done by QTC. Things have may changed. But if you have a c&p exam at your local VA, it's mainly to connect the dots. 

All my PTSD Exams beginning in 1985 at 50% and last one in 1998 were done by actual VA doctor clinical Psychologist or Pyschiatrist.  The rule then was that the first or initial PTSD C&P exam diagnosis must be done by a VA Clinical Psychologist or Psychiatrist.  All my examiners were VA MH ward doctors and the 98 examiner was in charge of the hospital MH ward.  His exam resulted in my receiving a 70% rating with TDIU add on.   I have now been P&T 100% for many issues since 98 and recent add on of SMC-S. 

Edited by Dustoff1970

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Keep in mind that just because you are going to the VA, your exam might still be by a contractor. The last C&P I had at the VAMC was done by a cardiologist who was not a VA employee. They were employed by one of the third party contracting agencies. If you can get their name, there is a web site somewhere that you can use to determine if they are employed by the US Govt. Sometimes they are under a contract with a local university, too.