• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Large win on QUE Claim / High Level Review

Rate this topic

Rattler

• HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, Rattler767 said:

Lemuel

I wanted to thank you for sharing one of the amounts in back pay. The only reason I put mine out there was because most VSO will scare vets from going for an EED because they will lose there current ratting.  I wanted others to see how much back pay is out there if they pursue it.  I had a vet that I helped go from 40% PTSD to 70% with 100% UI. He wouldn't pursue it because the barracks layers keep putting the fear of losing his ratting. He left around $90,000.00 in back pay because of it.

I did not have to fight for my earlier EED on a CUE for non-processing of an extra-schedular claim I filed nearly 40 years ago.  The very good BVA Judge found it on the requested "de-novo review" of my record and remanded it to be processed.  There was no real fight on that one.

You are right.  A lot of us miss what we have coming because we either miss the CUE in our own review as I did, and our representative/attorney misses it as mine did repeatedly for many years. 

Everyone needs to either make a good review of their record or have someone who is very competent, do it for them.  You have to very lucky to catch a very competent BVA Judge who actually will do a thorough de-novo review of your record as I was.  I could have never even known that the claim was never processed in the state of mind I was in at the time with my temporal lobe epilepsy being untreated for most of those years.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use