VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Large win on QUE Claim / High Level Review

Rate this topic

Rattler

• Community Owner

I filed for a higher-level review on September 28, 2022. I ask the VA to QUE itself on an Earlier Effective Date August 2017 on my PTSD and unemployability (UI).  I was granted 70% PTSD and 100% UI as T & P on November 19, 2021. I ask for a personal phone call on the higher-level review.

The VA jumped on it and setup the phone call for October 7, 2022. The phone call seamed to go my way and the higher-level review officer said she would have a decision in about a week. So, I check VA.gov the end of the next week and it said they had made a decision on my higher-level review claim. As it still takes about a month for them to get the letters, I called 800 Betty to see if they could email me a copy of the letter.  In the process of that the 800 person says you probably need to check your bank account.  Now I know what that means in VA speak. It means that they have made a deposit in you bank account of a new upgrade ratting of they have deposited back pay in your account. So, I check VA.gov aging and the filling notice was there.

Benefit payments and debts.

Your total VA debt balance is $0.

We deposited $145,654.29 in your account ending in XXXX on October 13,

Type: Compensation & Pension – Retroactive.”

After picking myself up off the floor after having fallen out of it. (and it takes a min. after a total knee)

I checked the bank account same thing.

I want to thank Berta, brokensoldier244th, broncovet, Vync, pacmanx1, retiredat44, GBArmy, and others hear at Hadit.com for all the help and time they put in hear.

Now if we can get a good decision out of the Supreme Court in Arellano v. McDonough I’m going to make the pay me back to July 21, 1977 when I got discharged.

Edited by Tbird
Removed attachment. Personal Information Not Redacted

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Rattler767Congratulations on your excellent win! Never give up!

• Community Owner
32 minutes ago, Vync said:

@Rattler767Congratulations on your excellent win! Never give up!

You got it Vync NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE UP! Thanks all for the response. You hear about this but you never get to talk to someone who has done it and how they did it.  I expected 5 figures not what I got. I didn't think they would include the UI. I have 2 others that were denied in 1982 (Left Shoulder & Wriest) and 1993 (Fibromyalgia) that hasn't been addressed yet. They are my next project.  I will need help with getting to extra scheduler and deciding an SMC.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use