VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Time Frame Changed Just a Little

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Even though it changed it only changed very little and it is still out of date. Most of us have pending appeals that already surpass the 365 to 381 completion dates. 

https://www.bva.va.gov/images/appeals/ama-appeal-adc-adp-small.jpg

Decision wait times - Board of Veterans' Appeals (va.gov)

Edited by pacmanx1

4 answers to this question

700 days for hearing?!?!?! holy cow...just blah.....im be sitting here for another year waiting it looks like...which is sad because my first BVA i filed, was heard and decided on well under a year....i thought for sure EED would be quicker but this has already taken longer than just the SC peice

I question the truthfulness of this information simply because it is near impossible for the general public to verify. I have a appeal that's 416 days and counting with the BVA, spoke with someone there yesterday who did nothing but regurgitate computer inputs of information I already had in my possession. Mind you I was referred to BVA client services to get a "detailed" status update. I've won at the BVA before so I understand these things take time and whatnot, which is understandable in the greater scheme, it's the lack of improvement over time I find regrettable. 

I'm not at home counting days either, occasionally, like today I'll ask Siri how many days has it been since September 1, 2021.

Many veterans are in the same boat and the VA does whatever they want, they are the bullies, and they will not be rushed. I will admit earlier this year I filed a White House Hotline complaint and the BVA advanced one of my appeals and awarded my remand but failed to implement the entire order causing my appeal to be granted but failed to review my entire records to determine my correct rating percentage. When a veteran is awarded an unadjudicated appeal that means that the effective date and the rating percentage has a potential of not only having the effective date cover the entire time on appeal but the rating percentage could also cover the entire time of the appeal if the records supports it but the remand judge failed to address this and my appeal is now back at the CAVC waiting in line for a decision that was already granted but messed up by an inexperience judge or someone that just failed to follow the prior order and decision.

I also had a separate White House Hotline complaint that keeps regurgitating the same thing over and over that my appeal is waiting to be assigned to a judge and it has been well over both the 356 to 365 and the 363 to 393 days and the VA knew that this timeframe was outdated they date that they posted it online. Notice the last BVA matrix had a last updated date but this new one does not, and it is still not correct in my opinion. There are different types of hardships and VA employees don’t care or just don’t understand and they look at it as if they accept one veteran’s hardship, they will have to accept all veteran’s hardships and, in this day, and age with what is going on with our economy, I feel that many veterans are just barely holding on. It makes absolutely no sense. How many times does an appeal have to be reviewed when a judge already grants a veteran's appeal for another judge to ignore their decision and make a new decision that is less advantageous and force the veteran to file another appeal trying to recoup benefits that was just granted but incorrectly implemented.