Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva

Rate this question

Stayfocus

Question

The 24 month wait time for bva direct review, is that from appeal docket number?

I am 515 days into a direct review for eed, still waiting to be assigned to a judge.

Can you share where you got that timeframe.

@Vync I do agree you as well. The problem is their feet to the fire. The right questions were not asked at the planning of AMA. If a promise was made, I expect you stick to it. If you don't, you are out of here. My opinion.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Whodat

In related news, the Supreme Court is taking a look at an appeal which involves the troublesome Chevron deference ruling:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/01/politics/supreme-court-chevron-deference-conservatives-power-of-agencies/index.html

Imagine if unelected government officials had to follow the laws as written instead of being able to make their own policies which carry the weight of law. A lot of the red tape regs in the VA could be impacted, including at the BVA level...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:12 AM, Vync said:

The military helped us understand "Hurry up and wait", but the delays we endure takes it to the next level. If you are in a hardship situation or terminally ill, you can ask the VA to advance your appeal in line.

Any update on yours? 10/02/2020 was my file date and 02/26/2024 it was finally assigned to a judge so hopefully anytime now. 

On 3/13/2024 at 8:52 AM, Freedom101 said:

Any update on yours? 10/02/2020 was my file date and 02/26/2024 it was finally assigned to a judge so hopefully anytime now. 

I have not checked it for a bit, but as of this morning no change from the "waiting to be assigned to a judge" status.

It is promising to learn that your appeal, which is about 3 months older than mine, actually did get assigned to a judge. Did you have a hearing already or did you waive that option?

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

@Freedom101 I just received an email from the VA giving the usual status update:

image.thumb.png.4ac15c502979ede6d9a368198a867590.png