Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva

Rate this question

Stayfocus

Question

The 24 month wait time for bva direct review, is that from appeal docket number?

I am 515 days into a direct review for eed, still waiting to be assigned to a judge.

Can you share where you got that timeframe.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:12 AM, Vync said:

The military helped us understand "Hurry up and wait", but the delays we endure takes it to the next level. If you are in a hardship situation or terminally ill, you can ask the VA to advance your appeal in line.

Was just notified my attorney that now it looks like the 3 yr mark. It just keeps going up. When I started she sd 6 months max now I think that it might just hit the 4 yrs. Pretty much its just the Legacy just re-named. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 4/27/2023 at 12:19 PM, Freedom101 said:

Was just notified my attorney that now it looks like the 3 yr mark. It just keeps going up. When I started she sd 6 months max now I think that it might just hit the 4 yrs. Pretty much its just the Legacy just re-named. 

Is that from the time you initially filed a claim or from when you appealed to the BVA?

My VSO estimated it would take six months after the BVA hearing I had in December 2022. I honestly believe a decision in my appeal will be ready in 2024 or 2025...

Well I had my hearing April 2022. I have not seen any movements afterwards.

Just says waiting on decision.

@Whodat My video hearing was in December 2022 for an error made in 2000. My VSO said I should get a decision in about six months. However, I knew that likely won't happen due to legacy claim and other priority groups. It would be great to get a proper decision based on the laws in effect at the time my initial decision was made, but I realize the legacy, over 75, terminal, and hardship cases should indeed come before me. Hurry up and wait...

@Vync I hear your brother. This isn't a place to talk about politics and I am not talking political but as I can recall, Secretary of VA had this great thing called AMA,that was to reduce claims time and help with exhausting the old claims which would save more money. Promised that legacy will be done by 2021. Did that happen, uh no. Covid hit. Now it's blamed on covid, no one can work right? Wrong there is a thing called telework. One monkey shouldn't stop a show. But I bet that they were still getting paid. I know. I was DOD. If they were not getting paid, unemployment could have kicked in.

The new excuse is PACT. The work load had increased. But a promise was made that legacy would be exhausted by 2021. Doesn't make any sense. Legacy is still going on. That should have had priority. Some Vets still on legacy have been there let's say 2015. But let's work on PACT since it will not be a large backpay. That way, vets on legacy will pass by then.

The secretary of VA failed the promise but had a good pitch. Maybe this is why so much delays.

VA says that a supplemental claim should not take no more than 125 days. Sugar Honey Ice Tea, I had a claim put in Nov 2022. Today is May 8, no movement. Called Peggy, same old thing, backlogs.

Who can you trust.

@Whodat 

I agree. Before COVID hit, I recall being told by a couple of individuals at the VBA that all paper records have been scanned in to make searching much faster. However, unlike many private sector companies, the VA failed to have a contingency plan in place to facilitate telework, so they had to catch up.

The VA is supposed to be hiring thousands of new employees and training existing employees to speed up PACT Act claims. I had my VA primary care checkup last week and the doc asked if I was ever exposed to any potentially toxic substances, so the screening is beginning. That probably will have no effect for me because I am already 100% P&T.

While in the Army, I remember the supply SGT bringing me three staplers and a bunch of other office supplies I did not need. I asked why. They said that they cannot order more if they were still in the supply cabinets. If they end up ordering less then their budget would be cut. They had to have a plan to keep requesting higher budgets each year. What is happening at the VA is similar when you look at the increased budget levels year after year. Every few years there has to be some new priority to be placed ahead of existing priorities which simultaneously helping to justify an increase in budgets.