Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployabe Question

Rate this question

pctinc2001

Question

I was unemployable at first, but now I have won my claims and am now 100%. My question is do the VA remove the unemployable from your file and make you schedular?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Great question!  I have both TDIU and 100 percent.  The VA does not send me an unemployment form to fill out every year, but they dont seem to always require that anymore either.  If VA sends you the unemployment form, you should send it in.  

I was 100 percent and then sought TDIU.  The VARO decision said it was "moot" and I appealed, because:

a.  100 percent "and" tdiu could result in SMC S and thus additional compensation, and:

b.  Tdiu, in addition to  100 percent could result in an earlier effective date.  

The Board decision agreed with me, that tdiu was "not moot" and ordered VARO to adjuticate Tdiu.  

In some circumstances, with some Veterans, it could be moot, but the board agreed with me that my application for tdiu "was not moot".  

I would further advise, "if" you felt you were able to go back to work, and if you did earn substantial gainful employment for one year, then you should inform VA of the same.  It would be up to the VA to decide if your "tdiu should be removed" or not.