Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connection Granted

Rate this topic

Kirk

Vet Wife Advocate,

Thank you for the kind words, I believ the hep b was aquired in bootcamp through air gun. My service med recs are missing but they have my entry physical and i had a blood test two weeks after I got out which showed the Hep b. That was enough to convince them the disease was aquired in service.

Yes, I am expecting about three years back pay it might even be four years as I cant remember when I first filed my claim. Either way it will be a happy day when check comes. In my mind it is already spent ( I must act fast b4 the wife spends it).

I think what may have really helped me win my claim was that I traveled the eight hundred miles to Washington D.C. for my BVA hearing. I believe I made a good immpression on the judge who handled my case. No one knows or can better explain my case than I do. If nothing else it put a face to the file when she went back to handle it.

SO says to look for money around middle of next month. I sure hope he is right.

Thanks for the help and time,

Kirk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first ever post - I have been rated in October 100% SC for Hepatitis C and Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome (CFIDS or CFS) caused by the Hep C. However though I have not worked since April of 99 I am not considered Permanent and Total. My question is how do you apply to have this P&T status - can it really be as simple as just writing them and requesting it?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE TIME.....................................................................

Here I am three an a half months later still waiting for more new info (who am I kidding, I'm waiting for some $$MONEY$$). The only letter I have recieved from the VA in the last three months is one tell me that they have taken action to garnish my social security to recover money for my prescriptions. GRRRRR these bastards owe me close to $90,000 and are attaching my social security because they think I owe them $293. I wonder if I can find a judge who will let me garnish a budget item to get my money. Hate to sound like a whiner but just need to vent. On the bright side my vet rep supposedly hand carried my folder from the desk of the person who was sitting on it to the desk of the next person who needed to see it. Vet rep when I called yesterday says my file is on the desk of last peson in line who handles it before it all gets signed off and settled. Told me to call in 14 days to see if it was done.

Kirk hang in there Buddy. These people like to see VETS get their blood pressure up. They are hoping someone will stroke out of have a massive MI. Thats one of the reasons they delay.

You know what you have and It should be 100 percent. However, It is guaranteed to be in excess of 50 percent. No more Prescription copays. Tell the Billing Office at the VA to contact the rating office if they need further information. You will receive your check within 15 days of your award notice. Sometimes the check actually beats the notice to the mailbox.

Again, Hang in there like a hair in a biscuit, It has been too long but it should be soon.

• 1 month later...

Here we are at five and a half months since BVA decision. About five days ago i recieved a rating from VARO. They rated me at 30% (combined 40%) when I am on dialysis. I was the on dialysis before I filed my claim. the rating manual pretty clearly calls for a 100% rating when dialysis is required. My VA file and claim show that I'm on dialysis. What a bunch of bastards!!! Had my service officer file a NOD requesting RO review. Faxed a letter to her from my dialysis unit showing me to be on dialysis since before filing claim. Talked to SO yesterday and she says they just changed the rating to 100% with dependant educational benefits. I wonder how long the feet draggers a Detroit VARO will drag this out before sending me award letter and money. Not holding my breath. They sure do work hard to earn thier rating as the state with the second lowest average in veterans awards.

• HadIt.com Elder

UPSMAN

Write a letter to the VARO and ask to be made permanent and total and that you be granted Chapter 35 Benefits. They may handle this as a reopened claim but that will get the ball rolling.