Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Full of questions.

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

I know that this is a site for education only and I really do need to be educated a lot on claims procedures. Lots of you all have been a great help to me and I thank you all. Most of you are better help than my attorney.

This is what's going on and I am aware that I have went about it the wrong way and now I am trying to clean it up.

1. I filed a claim in 2018 for migraines secondary to tinnitus and other service connected conditions. I know now that I should have filed for headaches.

2. C&P exam completed 2019. Examiner stated tinnitus don't cause migraines. Did an HLR had another exam in 2020. Came back with a DTA, another exam was ordered. 2021 denied.

3. Assuming that my attorney appealed that decision, that didn't happen.

4. I have now lost my eed but it's ok.

Now I want to readdress this issue but uncertain on how.

If I file a new claim for headaches, VA will kick it back and probably say that I have open a claim for headaches and I need to do a supplemental which isn't true. I opened up a claim for migraines.

This is where I am lost.

Now my thoughts which I have the proof of a bad exam. Do I open up a supplemental claim for migraines and challenge my last exam?

Thank you all.

Merry Christmas 🎄

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 12/24/2022 at 11:10 AM, brokensoldier244th said:

You dont want to give them to the doctor, they can't do anything with them.  If you know your STRs are in VBMS (the 'claim' file) then you give him a list of the approx dates, or even just years. They can ctrl-F search and do the rest. They aren't going to pour over paper records. They, for the most part, don't get paper records anymore, even from us. I send them a list of links or attachments directly attached to the exam request and it all comes out on their end as 1 thing. Contractors, especially. VHA can see the same things we can, with limits, even within our systems. Same with us and VHA- within some limits. 

Based on some of my denied claims, I can say this also applies to handwritten paper records which were scanned into VBMS.