Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Reports and VBMS Access

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Hi Everyone,

It's been a hot minute since I've been on but hope all are doing well.  I've been assisting a few vets with the claims process and I have a 75 y/o Vietnam vet how has a lot of scars secondary to heart operation that is currently service connected.  We filed for his scars back in May 2022, after multiple C&Ps, he got a decision on 12/23/2022 that service connected every scar with "0% rating - Final Decision Deferred".  When I was going throught the process, about 3-4 weeks after the C&P my report would be uploaded to myhealthvet.com Blue Button records.  This vet has can't seem to get the VA to upload anything to his account and he keeps getting bounced around and now was forced to file a FOIA for the C&P reports.  What a damn crock of crap forcing vets to damn near sue to get their own C&P reports.  Anyway, I digress, I had read that if we contact an accredited VSO who has access to the VBMS system that they could download and send him the C&P reports (obviously with the appropriate 21-22a completed).  I wanted to gut check the vast experience here to see if anyone else is; having the same issues getting records and/or have ever been able to get records from accredited VSO?

Thanks in advance,

Randy

rackamall.jpg

Yes ... I've actually started the process to reach out to my congress person as well as the Secretary of the VA to see what can be done to make it a law that the VA automatically upload and/or mail C&P results to every veteran who is going through the claim process as soon as the results are ready or at a minimum, include a copy of the C&P results with the decision letter.

rackamall.jpg

I have had a VSO get copies of contracted C&P's.  I don't think it's that easy anymore. It might not even be legal for them to get them for you.  IDK.  You do have to file a FOIA to get them if they have been done by a contractor.  It does suck and it takes time to get them.  Sometimes they won't release them until your claim has been finished.  

Yeah EL Train I can't find any rules/laws that require the docs to be uploaded/released at x or in x time.  It's shameful

rackamall.jpg

13 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

I am trying out the New IRIS system today and see if I can get an answer

Awesome ... lemme know how you make out?  Basically are there any rules/laws for the VA to provide/upload the C&P results up to myhealthevet Blue Button records?

rackamall.jpg