Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30 percenter went to 50 now 90percenter but question

Rate this question

30percentermovingup

Question

Okay thanks to some part of this forum I am 90 percent. I have not gotten back my paperwork but want to ask a question anyways.

I recieved disability for everything I asked for, bilateral ankles, bilat knees, bilat hips. Yes everything was approved but most were 0 percent disability.

I had pain in all of it, shouldn't pain be a disability. I didn't ask for those, I was going for pain for the most part. Should they have given me pain since I was in moderate pain and some severe pain with these body parts. 

My knowledge is a retired trauma nurse but for some reason I can not wrap my head around how the VA disability math works or the whole system for that matter.

Can I fight this for my last 10 percent and have it back dated?

Thank you so much forum for all your help.

vadis.jpg

1 hour ago, Sgt. Wilky said:

You're going to need an increase of 50% or more in order to get to 100%. The math is subtractive. 90% to 100% would require an increase in a lot of things you have, or another condition rated at least 50%. You may not even truly be at "90%". You might be at 84.6%. Based off what you posted, the calculations only come out to 52.7608%. I'm assuming you're rated for something(s) other than what you screenshot.

Attached is an old VA compensation calculator I think I found here many years ago, in Xcel.

Sempter Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

Well, nevermind, it won't let me. Send me a private message and I'll forward you the Xcel based calculator if you want.

Pes planus bilat 50 percent.

2 minutes ago, 30percentermovingup said:

Pes planus bilat 50 percent.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Wilky said:

You're going to need an increase of 50% or more in order to get to 100%. The math is subtractive. 90% to 100% would require an increase in a lot of things you have, or another condition rated at least 50%. You may not even truly be at "90%". You might be at 84.6%. Based off what you posted, the calculations only come out to 52.7608%. I'm assuming you're rated for something(s) other than what you screenshot.

Attached is an old VA compensation calculator I think I found here many years ago, in Xcel.

Sempter Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

Well, nevermind, it won't let me. Send me a private message and I'll forward you the Xcel based calculator if you want.

So now with that what would I need and I know it isn't just 10 percent. I am figuring 20 percent extra. since I also have the 50 percent bilat pp. Thanks.

By the calculations I have, adding 50% for the Pes planus, plus 20%, and 5 10% ratings (it does NOT account for bilateral factors), I get 76.3804%, which would obviously be 80%...

The bilateral factors may put you at 85%, but I doubt it. I can't go look at the charts on the VA's website right now...

Sgt. Wilky

Edited by Sgt. Wilky

@30percentermovingup , you would need any combination of things. You would certainly need an increase in any/all of the ratings you have. You would almost also need another rating rated at least 50%.

Sgt. Wilky

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Wilky said:

@30percentermovingup , you would need any combination of things. You would certainly need an increase in any/all of the ratings you have. You would almost also need another rating rated at least 50%.

Sgt. Wilky

Here is my list you serious that for just 10percent increase.

va_001.png

va_002.png

And the 50 percent pes planus of course

Edited by 30percentermovingup