Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit donations are now tax deductable

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

In Feb. 2023, hadit became a 501 C (3) organazation, according to the new owner, which we call "Rattler".  This means both individuals and companies can contribute to hadit and tax deduct those funds.  

This will be important to ensure that Veterans, years from now, can continue to get great advice on hadit.  

This is a very big deal for some even tho many/most of the disabled Vets on here "dont earn enough" to worry about taxes.  Its not about "me" its about the TEAM.  There is no "I" in TEAM.  

For details, please consult with your tax advisor or IRS: https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/charitable-organizations/exemption-requirements-501c3-organizations

As usual, hadit members are not tax professionals, and companies/individuals who wish to contribute should consult their tax professional for the advice/applicability of tax donations.  

Edited by broncovet

1. Will there be an end of  year summary, or do those who donate need to keep track of their donations?

2. Along the same lines, will there be an email with the pertinent information on it for the donor to archive?

3. How/where do we donate?

Thank you and Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

• Founder

@Sgt. Wilky

You donate here

When you donate it immediately provides you a receipt for your taxes that you can print out and keep track of. That's about all I know, Rattler will have to jump in with more.

On 2/26/2024 at 1:05 PM, Tbird said:

@Sgt. Wilky

You donate here

When you donate it immediately provides you a receipt for your taxes that you can print out and keep track of. That's about all I know, Rattler will have to jump in with more.

Thank you TBird. I responded to an email to Rattler. What I'm needing is the Tax ID number. A 501(c)3 organization usually has an ID number. My tax person is just asking me for the information. All in all, it's not a big deal if I don't get it.

Semper Fi and thank you!

Matt W.

22 minutes ago, Tbird said:

No problem the EiN or Tax ID number is in the footer of all the pages. Here it is for easy reference EIN 92-2360268

Thank you for pointing that out and sending that out. That's all I needed!