Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 hour ago, Stayfocus said:

2 years waiting to sent to a judge. Direct review ama.

anyone in the same boat.

Getting close to 2 years, my understanding is that the new delay is due to The Pack Act presumptive claims. 

The VA is using every excuse they can. First covid, now PACT. 

I have been in legacy appeal since 2018. Finally got sent to the judge 2020. Had the virtual hearing April 2022. It's almost April 2023, still says in decision phase. 

As we all know, there is no urgency even though VA stated that they hired more people. To do what, collect a paycheck to say that the unemployment rate at it's all-time lowest?

14 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Getting close to 2 years, my understanding is that the new delay is due to The Pack Act presumptive claims. 

The Pact act is for new claims, why is va using that as an excuse when addressing board appeals?

This is crazy!! Now va is making up out of thin air?

59 minutes ago, Whodat said:

The VA is using every excuse they can. First covid, now PACT. 

I have been in legacy appeal since 2018. Finally got sent to the judge 2020. Had the virtual hearing April 2022. It's almost April 2023, still says in decision phase. 

As we all know, there is no urgency even though VA stated that they hired more people. To do what, collect a paycheck to say that the unemployment rate at it's all-time lowest?

Do you have an attorney?

1 hour ago, spirit_grt said:

1,195 days waiting to be assigned to a judge.  From what I understand, they are doing 80% Legacy/20% AMA until Legacys are all done.  Lawyer filed for expedited but no answer yet.  

I’m guessing you have more than one issue on appeal.

I have used the BVA decision search feature, and found several appeals with later docket numbers than mine, that have already been completed.

You can tell by the date and explanation of the appeal that these case were not due to advanced age or financial difficulties or homelessness.

19 minutes ago, Stayfocus said:

I’m guessing you have more than one issue on appeal.

I have used the BVA decision search feature, and found several appeals with later docket numbers than mine, that have already been completed.

You can tell by the date and explanation of the appeal that these case were not due to advanced age or financial difficulties or homelessness.

I have two different types of appeals pending. One is a legacy appeal  joint remand returned from the CAVC, that is pending review as we post. The second is an AMA appeal pending collecting dust. Both are single appeals for EEDs but due to my current ratings, both are subject of being awarded a corrected TDIU EED.

The two appeals if granted would award me EEDs in my individual ratings which in turn would award me an overall EED in my combined rating since both of these effective dates are prior to my 100% schedular P & T rating. At present, I do not have a lawyer, but I just won my CAVC joint remand.

As to the AMA appeal, I too can see appeals completed both before and after I submitted my appeal.