Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical question

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Greetings all.

Here is the deal. I am getting ready to go up under the knife for my service connected disability. The doc says that it might six months to a year to heal. Can I get a temporary 100 and if so, how do I go about getting that. 

Thanks. 

Send a request for 100% Temp disability along with copies of the admission report, the surgical reports, and the prognosis/rehab stuff. You can always update or extend it later if your rehab is being less than successful but initially they will usually go off of what your doc says first, i.e. "patient prognosis 6 months to full activity..." or whatever they put in there- or just have your surgeon  or your followup doctor write you up something short and sweet with your expected recovery time. Still submit the other stuff but its nice when the doc puts it all on 1 page.

Yeah, im not gonna comment much, as I may need one someday for my right (dominant) and it scares me. I play guitar and I'm blessed with weak rotators. My mom had it done (20 yrs ago) and it was a long recovery and she never quite had it back. Now, its probably a lot better now, but when your doctor says "immobilize......" or "no more than 5 lbs..." don't F around and F out. (FAFO)