Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Free Financial and Credit Counseling

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

OK, I was expecting a letter to update me on the status of my recent CAVC remand, instead I got a letter talking about Free Financial and Credit Counseling. I don't need free financial and credit counseling, what I need is my corrected benefits. You know the old proverb, feed a man a fish, he eats for a day but teach a man how to fish he eats for life. My thought is to feed a veteran a meal he eats for Veterans' Day but award a veteran his correct benefits, I can eat any dang where and when I want to. 

OK, my bad, is the VA just sending these letters out or is it my paranoia messing with me about my upcoming benefits?  Since the CAVC remanded my appeal, it should not take that long.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Was this letter you referred to from VA?  Never heard of that.

Yes, it came directly from the Evidence Intake Center where I get all my response from the VA. I was hoping that it was going to tell me that I need to be prepare for a really nice deposit but just how to manage my benefits. 

It gives a Web Site:  veteransbenefitsbanking.org. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

• Greeter

That’s odd but regardless it is junk mail. How long have you been waiting to get a proper effective date for your SMC s now?

My SMC-S is a new issue raised by a recent BVA award. The issue is that the BVA granted me a new TDIU effective date award but prior to this award I was already rated 100% schedular P & T but the BVA did not consider SMC-S when they awarded my new rating. 

Posted (edited)

Still looking this over, out of the sixty-nine (69) credit unions that participate in this program there is only one in my area and may be two, but I am not fully sure.  It seems that it is a partnership with the VA but that does not mean I am going to just send my benefits anywhere and switch my current bank account. 

Veterans Benefits Banking Program (VBBP) | America Saves (veteransaves.org)

Find Bank or Credit Union & Get Banked 🇺🇸 Veterans Benefits Banking Program

Edited by pacmanx1