Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA granted my appeal now...

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

1 hour ago, Remisdad said:

It goes back to the VARO.  They opened my claim a week ago. It should be a significant retroactive pay.  How long should it take the VARO to implement the granted appeal?

There is no way of telling, in the past four years, I have gotten three large size retro payments and the first one took about a year. The second one took about thirty days and the last one took less than two weeks. So, there really is no way of telling and or knowing.  

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Ok thanks. My vso isn't the sharpest tack in the box but even though he didn't know how to print off my code sheet he did pull it up on the computer and it had my IU dated at the earlier effective date. So hopefully it won't take too long.

I try not to "watch the pot boil" as there is some truth to that saying, "the watched pot never boils".  

So, many Vet advocates advise doing something else while waiting.  As an example you can decide on how to spend your retro.  I made up some "charts", as follows:

If Retro amount is less than 25k:

pay bills, take wife to dinner, pay some poeple who helped you along the way,(such as church, friends, or just people you want to help)  save some,  and invest the rest. 

If Retro is 25-50k:

All of the above, but also remodel the bathroom and go visit grandchildren in another state.

If retro is 50-100k:

All of the above, and also start thinking about some investments, and maybe take wife to Europe, or take her to do something she has always wanted to do, but could not afford it.  

If retro is over 100k:  All of the above, but consider a new car you like for your wife, and maybe for yourself.  

You can play with your numbers.  I like to look at cars, read reviews, etc.  You may like fishing..do that.  

Or, call friends you havent spoken to in a while, or even make amends with people you should have done earlier.  That is Improve yourself.  

As far as a time frame, no one knows.  It could be tommorrow, it could be six months from now, or even more.  Average is around 1-3 months, but it can be more or less than that.  

Edited by broncovet

Thanks not sure how much it'll be but it's smc k from Feb 2021 back to Feb 2016.  40% to 60% from Feb 2021 to Apr 2018. 30%to 60% from mar 2018 to Feb 2016. And 60% to 100% from Feb 2021 to mar 2017.  Or at least I'm guessing that's how they'll do it.  This is my last claim and I'm done. Hoping to pay everything off for sure.

In past 2 years the BVA granted my two appeals for OSA Sleep Apnea at 50% and then an increase of my VN AO Heart disease from 30 to 60% that resulted in two SMC-S backpays for 3 years.  In both cases after BVA grant the Decision Review/Implementation office implemented the grants/decisions within about two weeks and the money was direct deposited immediately.  No long delay at all.

The BVA is our friend IMOcombinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.7c3053794369e014e2ea83de19f3fbaf.jpg.

Edited by Dustoff1970

Thanks it's been over 2 weeks since the appeal was granted but the VARO opened it a week ago so I guess I've got a while to go. Getting this close to paying everything off Is making me nervous!  At least I know it's been opened and they're working on it.