Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private doc filling out DBQ

Rate this question

USMCVMO

Question

Hi all.  Quick question - I had a private mental health provider fill out a DQB for an increase and filed it.    If the VA calls and wants to do their own exam and I dont show up, will they use the private docs DBQ?  I get the sense they want to call you in so they can use their own doctors evidence.   

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok so the VA will want to do their own.  If you choose to not show up then they will possibly choose to deny you.  You can add the Private doctors notes and things to this, but refusing to go to that appointment IMO is just giving them a reason to deny you.  

I learned my lesson from this 10+ years ago.  I am still fighting them today.  If/when you go in, you go off your worst day.  Be honest and don't beat around the bush.  This is just my advice.  

They may rate off the private DBQ- it depends on the Dr's credentials and the quality of their write-up, and if they make an actual opinion or if they just fill it out. If it conflicts with the medical of record then yes, you might end up with a C&P. 

Skipping a c and p exam is never recommended.  It would likely mean your doctor "got something wrong", such as failed to include his/her CV with the exam.  You have to demonstrate the doctor is an expert witness, and that his opinion matters

I truly hope it is, for your sake. Some of the "pro veteran' doctors will rubber stamp anything on a DBQ since you pay them. If it doesn't track with the stressors of record and your medical from other sources then there is a conflict that needs to be resolved, usually with an internal C&P.