Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim consolidate

Rate this question

Goofy

Question

A few questions.

I filed a claim for my increase rating of hypertension and heart attack secondary.  So months later when I put in some pact act claim they moved  like 5 conditions into this claim.  I called the Va and she confirmed that, not like I couldn’t see it but wanted to know why….those will hold up my original claim.  Is there a way to get that changed?  I’ve already have the exam for my original claim increase bp and heart attack….

I also told them I had another heart attack last month and didn’t know if submitting that claim would mess up the current progress.  She said just submit the evidence with the current claim.  I want to ensure my 3 months of 100% isn’t over looked for the second heart attack.

Thank you! 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations @Goofy!!!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations!

Now, you get to do the fun part:  Deciding what to do with the retro, and applying for other VA benefits, such as state benefits.  Dont forget your state, many offer reduced or eliminated property tax, things like free camping, free license plates, and more.  But, you often have to apply to have your property tax reduced, they will keep charging full price (on your property taxes)  until you ask them for a discount and it may take time to go into effect, even then.  

So, dont wait.  Get some proof from ebenefits, or get your disabled vet ID card.  You may have to provide a letter from va as proof, which should still be available on ebenefits/va.gov for download and printing.  

You can even customize the letter.  In other words you dont have to always tell everyone how much your compensation is.  Sometimes you may need the numbers, such as if you are buying a car and need proof of income.  

Broncovet,

Roger that!

Thank you somberly much.

I did do the evenedfits letter but need to see how to tweak to take off the pay amount.

I did  email my county auditor about the property taxes.

I have the digital Va card but is there a different card once 100%?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, Goofy said:

Broncovet,

Roger that!

Thank you somberly much.

I did do the evenedfits letter but need to see how to tweak to take off the pay amount.

I did  email my county auditor about the property taxes.

I have the digital Va card but is there a different card once 100%?

Regarding property taxes, you will likely need to take your decision letter to your local property tax assessor's office. I just took a copy and told them to keep it. You might have to sign some form for them. If you have a mortgage, they should --probably-- omit the homestead taxes from --future-- payments and lower or eliminate your monthly payments. If you do not have a mortgage, they will probably do the same. I said probably because each state has different laws and do different things. The tax assessor will fill you in.

Regarding the ID card, once P&T, it is not the same thing as a VA-issued ID card. This is a bonafide DEERS ID card, but will look different from what you had in service. Mine clearly spells out "100% Disabled American Veteran" with an expiration date of "INDEF". Yep, never expires. However, it does not say "permanent and total". When my wife and kid went to college, I had to take my decision letter when filing for Chapter 35 along with state benefits.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

2 hours ago, Vync said:

Regarding property taxes, you will likely need to take your decision letter to your local property tax assessor's office. I just took a copy and told them to keep it. You might have to sign some form for them. If you have a mortgage, they should --probably-- omit the homestead taxes from --future-- payments and lower or eliminate your monthly payments. If you do not have a mortgage, they will probably do the same. I said probably because each state has different laws and do different things. The tax assessor will fill you in.

Regarding the ID card, once P&T, it is not the same thing as a VA-issued ID card. This is a bonafide DEERS ID card, but will look different from what you had in service. Mine clearly spells out "100% Disabled American Veteran" with an expiration date of "INDEF". Yep, never expires. However, it does not say "permanent and total". When my wife and kid went to college, I had to take my decision letter when filing for Chapter 35 along with state benefits.

2 hours ago, Vync said:

Roger that-

About how much do they get for full time college?  I was thinking bout that for my little one.

I will stop by the assessors office; I started it online but they was map tax number and things.

Did the Ebenefits letter suffice or they want the actual one?

The ebenefits letter worked for me, but I have no idea on your county, state regulations, and cant say for sure.  Bring that military disabled vet id card.  My state has a disabled vet license plate (free), that never expires.  So, show em that, if you have one.  If you dont, you can take your documents to your motor vehicle and maybe get one, too.  

Dont forget about the rest of your benefits.  I just used my national parks pass last week, and it saved me $70.  

https://www.hillandponton.com/additional-benefits-for-100-percent-disabled-veterans/#:~:text=There are multiple state benefits,eligible for specialized license plates.

It depends on your state benefits.  

Check your state, here:  https://www.hillandponton.com/top-10-best-states-for-disabled-veterans-to-live/

Your kids ch.35 education benefits are here: https://www.va.gov/education/benefit-rates/chapter-35-rates/

It appears like its almost 1500 per month for them to go to school full time.  It could be over 1500 if they apply cola to that, too, in 2024.