Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More BVA Lies

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

If the below chart is correct and true as it states that it was last updated October 11, 2023, why do I have a Direct Review Appeal well over 700 days and counting? Each time I contact the VA, I am informed my appeal is on the Direct Review Docket waiting its turn to be sent to the VLJ. I bet that I am not the only veteran. My appeal is only for an EED, and I already have a favorable LHI medical opinion that the VARO ignored and denied my request for an EED.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs | 810 Vermont Avenue, NW Washington DC 20420

Last updated October 11, 2023

https://www.bva.va.gov/images/appeals/ama-appeals-small.jpg

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Greeter

Pac-Man 

I can understand the frustration. Something’s in the VAs eyes of things they don’t want to correct. I would try to set back and not focus on it. I know easier said than done. It drove me crazy when I would check Va.gov or eben every day. I’ve learned to just let it be handled by my attorney

10 minutes ago, Dot09 said:

It drove me crazy when I would check Va.gov or eben every day.

The only time I check ebenefits is to see how long the system would be down for maintenance, I typically check with the Whitehouse Hotline every thirty days or so. I am not worried about it. These are my last two appeals; I file my own claims and appeals all the way up to the CAVC and then I get an attorney. I won my unadjudicated decision myself at the BVA these last two appeals are just taking too long.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I recently received two separate favorable appeal decisions from the BVA.  One was for Sleep Apnea secondary to PTSD and the other was for an increase of my Nam AO heart disease from 30 to 60%.  One appeal was a direct appeal and the other was new evidence option.

Because of my age of 75 and over I was placed on the advance docket by BVA judges and even then one appeal took at least 2 years and the other 1 and 1/2 half years. The over 2 year appeal included a remand for another C&P.

I occupied my time and mind doing many different things to include fishing and camping, etc.

45 minutes ago, Dustoff1970 said:

I recently received two separate favorable appeal decisions from the BVA.

Dustoff, in the past three years I also have had two separate favorable BVA decisions and one CAVC JMR remand, not sure if I pissed someone off or they feel they need to slow down the money train. These are appeals that have been pending for years and the VA thought after they granted me 100% schedular P & T, I would withdraw all my appeals, but they were wrong.  These two appeals pre-date my 100% P & T rating and I already won one with an EED of TDIU that is back at the CAVC and the last one is still at the BVA. 

I look at is that when I filed my claims, I gave the VA and rater all the evidence they needed to make a correct decision and they failed to review what I sent them. The VA did not have to review my records because I sent them the evidence along in my claims packet. If they had made a proper decision, I would have already been compensated and they could move on to other veteran but now they have to redo my appeals.

• Community Owner

I suspect that the PACT ACT has thrown a monkey wrench into it. As the VA has been flooded with claims and September 30 was a deadline to file for EED

If it makes you feel any better I have been waiting over 3 years for them to process my claims agent application.

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

If it makes you feel any better I have been waiting over 3 years for them to process my claims agent application.

No, I can't say that I feel better in any way shape or form.