Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA 100 Percent (Totally Disabled) and Employment

• Founder

disabled-employment-001@2x.png

You will find these articles helpful in understanding employment when you are rated 100% and wondering If you can work

100% VA Disability Benefits and Employment: Your Guide to Success - Hill & Ponton

As a veteran with a 100% VA disability rating, you have earned the highest level of disability compensation for your service-connected disabilities.

However, it’s important to understand the impact of this rating on your employment options.

In this article, we will explore the different ways to achieve a 100% VA disability rating, discuss the challenges and considerations veterans may face when seeking employment with a 100% disability rating, and highlight the need for veterans to be informed and aware of their options to make informed decisions about employment and VA disability benefits.

Whether you are considering returning to work or seeking new employment, understanding your rights, benefits, and limitations is crucial to navigating the complexities of working with 100% VA disability benefits.

Read the full Article from Hill & Ponton Here.

Can you get 100% VA disability and still work?

Veterans seeking VA disability benefits due to difficulties from their service-connected conditions may still be interested in working to bring in extra income. Veterans with a 100% VA disability rating can work and still receive their monthly benefits. However, veterans receiving 100% compensation through total disability based on individual unemployability (TDIU) have restrictions on working for income. It is important to understand the difference between TDIU and a 100% disability rating.

In this article, Woods Law explains how veterans can receive 100% disability compensation from the VA and how and when work restrictions apply.

Read the full Article from Woods Law Here.

Proving "Substantially Gainful Occupation" in a VA TDIU Claim. - Veterans Law Blog®

So for over a decade, the VA has refused to define the term “Substantially Gainful Occupation.”

Your first question might be…”Well, Chris, who cares? I can define a word too and nobody will write a blog post about it.”

Well, if you are trying to win a VA TDIU claim or appeal, you should care.

Because the Veterans Court, after nearly three decades of deferring to the Agency to make the first definition of the term “substantially gainful occupation,” just went ahead and defined it for them.

Why is the term substantially gainful occupation important in the context of a VA claim for individual unemployability?

Because it is one of the critical elements in the VA definition of TDIU. Here’s that definition again – or how a veteran proves entitlement to TDIU:

Read the full Article from the Veterans Law Blog Here

VA Unemployability: Can You Work With TDIU?

Working While on TDIU: What You Need to Know You can work while on TDIU, but your job must not be considered “substantially gainful employment.”

You can work while receiving Total Disability Individual Unemployability (TDIU) benefits, but there are certain rules you need to follow.

For those who might be new to this, TDIU is a benefit for veterans who can’t work fully due to their service-connected disabilities.

Read the full Article from Hill and Ponton

Related

View full record

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use