VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Asthma C&P Exam this week and I am a train wreck.

Rate this question

Grey Ghost

Question

I’m at 10% for Rhinitis currently. Last month I file for Asthma. When I gotten back from a Middle East deployment. I was having breathing issues on occasions when I’d run. My doctor just said it was occasional asthma and bronchitis and prescribed me an albuterol rescue inhaled. This was in 2012. Whenever I'd get sick I would usually get an inhaler from urgent care. Early last year my sleep Doctor / Pulmonologist prescribed me Arnuity daily but add to his notes “no formal asthma diagnosis “  so I’ve never had a PFT, a formal diagnosis of asthma except from  a doctor  over 12 years ago that’s dead and gone. My asthma comes out with heavy aerobic exercise, especially in cold or rainy weather. I did a personal statement the expressed it bothers me playing sports with my kids, or heavy exertions. What’s the best way to approach this C&P? Any tips for a PFT, should I be worried? 

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Go to my website. Copy the Nexus letter explination and the example of a nexus letter, (two pages). Take those to your doctor and ask him/her for a letter, or in the alternative, to note in your medical record the diagnosis and likleyhood of exposure causing that diagnosed condition. 

Go to my website. Copy the Nexud letter explination and the example of a nexus letter, (two pages. Take those to your doctor and ask him/her for a letter, or in the alternative, to note in your medical record the diagnosis and likleyhood of exposure causing the diagnosed condition. 

No matter that you like your outside doctor, you need a VA primare care doctor. You can have both. Ask your VA primaru doctor to schedule you for a toxic exposures enviornmental exam. The results of that exam may help you prove your claim. It takes evidence and a paper trail to win claims. By using outside doctors, the paper trail is spotty at best as it is up to you to supply the VA with the outside records.

True, you can sign a VA form 21-4142 and ask the VA to go after the records as due to their duty to assist.  but it may take them a year or so to get the records, if indeed they are successful in getting them at all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Most definitely get VA doctor.  That is how I have won all my agent orange claims.  You may think VA medical is poor, but they do keep a long trail of documentation.  That doc. trail will win your claims for you.  I have been getting VA care for many years and my "problem list" is as long as your arm.    Plus VA gives you meds for every condition.  This is proof of the severity of your problems.  It makes claims for presumptive conditions so easy.  When VA asks for medical it is all there at the VA already.  I know Burn Pit presumptives are a mile long