Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cervical Spine Rating

Rate this question

Chief1954

Question

Greetings

How would my service connected cervical spine be rated?

THERE IS REVERSAL OR NORMAL LORDOTIC CURVATURE OF CERVICAL SPINE WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO MUSCLE SPASM OR TRAUMA. HYPERTROPHIC CHANGES ARE SEEN IN THE CERVICAL SPINE. THERE IS NARROWING OF THE DISC SPACES BETWEEN C3 AND C5 AND POSTERIOR SPUR FORMATION IN MULTIPLE LEVELS. THESE FINDINGS INDICATE SPONDYLOSIS. PERIVERTEBRAL SOFT TISSUES ARE UNREMARKABLE

Best Regards

Chiefhouse00

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am not service connected for my neck. My case for that is sitting at BVA for the last two years. You can find rating chart it will explain the range of motions . Just google it. 

Once service connected, disabilities are rated on symptoms.  We dont know your symptoms.  And, specifically, symptoms which are related to "how well" you are able to perform a job, that is to earn a living.  VA compensation is designed to compensate Veterans for the loss in earning capacity due to their disabilities.  For example are you able to lift things?  How many pounds?  Some jobs require lifting.  Does it affect walking?  Do you have pain?  All these symptoms, and more, have to be documented by a doctor to guess at a possible rating.  It could be as little as 0 percent if you have no symptoms, and could be as much as 100 percent if you were unable to maintain substantial gainful employement because of your back disability.  Back problems can cause other problems such as nerve issues, and other stuff a doctor would have to document and figure out, if it causes (provide a nexus) to other disabilities.

As already stated, we would need more to venture a guess.  Reminds me of a GSW. (gun shot wound)   A gsw can be fatal, can be a "nick", barely even noticable, or anywhere in between.  My father had a gsw.   While he did have a scar, the wound hit no bones and caused no symptoms, with the exception of the scar.  Scars, from surgery or the woulds can be compensable, again, depending on symptoms.  Some scars cause pain, while others do not.   

Edited by broncovet