Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HLR no movement

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So something weird is going on behind the VA doors. My HLR shows no movement my toxic exposure claim from dec says decision sent yet remains open, then they add a new disability on the gathering of evidence stage,  the same disability in my HLR. Think thats a good sign but I have no idea anymore 

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Right now, everything is pretty much backed up unless you have a reason to expedite processing. The front of the line is now generally for hardship, terminally ill, over 75, legacy, and PACT Act (which opened the doors to a ton of new claims). The VA keeps hiring, but they have always seemed to be perpetually understaffed.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

So I had a new claim for hearing loss Jan 8 not secondary to anything else, to see if I messed up by saying it was due to my tinnitus in 2021/ 2023. My December burn pit claim was also open at the same time but they made their decision sent it got it in mail but it remained opened. They closed the new claim in Jan. And combined it with the claim they just decided and kept it open from Dec 12, so confusing not complaining just drives me nuts.

So I was told that the supplemental appeal filed in Jan where I submitted the evidence to prove my HLR was closed in Feb, but they have to now consider that evidence which is in my file for my HLR from Nov. Just a thought in case you have evidence you need to submit for HLR after the fact of filing it