Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam Request - Processing

Rate this question

rtarin

Question

I have the following posted on va.gov for my claim that was submitted 10/12/23 with C&P exams on 12/20.  Nothing has changed until yesterday with the attached entry.  I have seven claims and the C&P exam covered 4. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  

Needed from you - due in 13 hours

Please upload your documents online here to help us process your claim quickly.

If you can’t upload documents:

1. Make copies of the documents.
  2. Make sure you write your name and claim number on every page.
  3. Mail them to the VA Claims Intake Center.

6 answers to this question

Welcome to hadit.  

If this is ALL it says, then you could call "Ask Peggy" to find out, but it probably means its for the examiner.  Did the VA send you a letter asking for information you could have ignored.  Or, worse yet, did you move and not give VA your new address?  If you moved, be sure your address is changed on VA health and VA benefits.  

Try Ask Peggy at 1 800 827-1000.  You could also try your VSO who may have updated info on the vbms file.  

That is all it said.  I have not received any correspondence from the VA regarding this and have not moved.   My VSO told me a week ago it could be another month or so before I got a response from the VA.  What got me was it gave a deadline for response in hours.

I think this is a request for an exam, or request from an examiner.  You should know it if something is wanted from you.  Yes, its unnerving.  I am rarely suprised anymore at the inaccuracy of ebenefits/va.gov.  It is a little better now that they allow our decisions to be posted there, but, as you can see, its still flawed.  

I would say that keep in mind that most VA suspense dates are mainly internal, and you may very well have at least one additional exam coming up.  

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

I agree with pacman.  Watch for an upcoming exam.  You could have one "even if" you have already had an exam for that condition.  Why?  One reason is the exam may be out of date, the other may be because the exam was "inadequate" for rating.  

• Community Owner

They are scheduling another exam and it is in the process. The VA is also asking you if you need to add any files you want to upload into the system for the exam.