Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Remands Granted

Rate this question

Spaceace1954

Question

Hello all

I just received notice online that my 4 remands that the VARO denied after QTC records review and then returned to BVA were all approved by the BVA today.

Who awards the percentage for these claims?

Currently nothing showing in ebenefits.

Thanks for any info.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Spaceace1954 Congratulations! That's a step in the right direction. By chance, was yours a legacy appeal?

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Who awards the percentage for these claims?

Once the BVA grants service connection it can be returned to the regional office or the DROC-DC or even the intake center. You should get your notification letter from the BVA in a few weeks to a few months and you should get your official notification letter rating your disabilities and effective dates and any retroactive pay due. Pay close attention to both of these in each disability. If you disagree with anything you are going to have to file a new appeal. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Congratulations!   

Where did you receive this notice "online"?  Did your VSO/attorney send you an email?  Did you find it on ebenefits/va.gov?  

The procedure is that the BVA grants the remand (Im assuming this was remanded to the BVA from the CAVC), and then the VARO "implements" the BVA remand with a disability percentage and effective date.  

This can take about 2 to 6 more months, but it can be quicker or slower than that.  If you are not already set up for payments to be electronically deposited to your checking account, this would be a good time to arrange that.  (One of my BVA grants was implemented in just 2 weeks.).