Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Rating

Rate this topic

strain35

Well I got the big brown envelope today and the VA did give me 100% fore my Meniere’s but it’s not P&T as I was hoping for. So I guess I wait and see when the next C&P will be as well as the Navy’s Rexam in 14 months for My TDRL but I will not let them cut in to my scull for something that mite work. But life goes on for me as this thing is killing me as slowly as anything that sucks the life out of you tell you hate life its self.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad that you won your claim and hope that you get some reliefe from the symptoms.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

the VARO keeps trying to "give it to me" all the time but not until they write a prescription for a big jar of vaseline

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

STRAIN35,

I filed for Meniere's and it looks like a straight denial even though I have not received the official rating, yet. Pls tell me:

1) was Meniere's diagnosed during your active duty and documented in your SMR ? YES the Navy got me out on TDRL 100% for it

2) was Tinnitus and hearing loss diagnosed during your active duty and documented in your SMR ? YES it started over 12yrs ago

3) were you being treated for Meniere's after your active duty service and how long was the gap between your active duty time and the MD's diagnosis, e.g., 10 years ? I’ve only been out for 4 Months but I am not seeing a DR as there is no cure

4) Were you given a VA C&P examination for Meniere's, or just a hearing test? No Hearing test As for the VA the only things their 22yr old ENT DOC did was stick a tuning fork to my head and ears; follow his finger back and forth; and look in side my ears. That was the end of my test. The VA does not impress me with their interns doing C&P checks

5) Did you get an IMO for the Meniere’s?

6) Did you have a previous rating for Tinnitus or hearing loss? NO

7) Did you have to file a NOD or appeal to win your 100% for Meniere’s? NO

8) What VARO was servicing your claim? NONE

9) What is the frequency of your Meniere's attacks, e.g. 3 to 4 times per month? NO I wish try 2 to3 times a week and that’s just the bad ones and then there’s the being of all the time. I am off balance most of the time and it is hard for me as I fight it all the time and it wears me down and I sleep a lot but then I get the attacks in my sleep as well so there is no safe place for me as I don’t drive any more. I hope things go better for you.

10) How has Meniere's impacted your life, e.g., can't drive a car, work, etc? YES YES and YES like the time my neighbor that that I was having a hart a tack But life goes on for me as this thing is killing me as slowly as anything that sucks the life out of you tell you hate life its self.

From what I understand, there is no "cure" for Meniere's.... so I don't understand them not giving a P&T designation. Hmmmmm ??? They did not give me P&T as well I wish that they did

God made man but the Sea gave men life.

THANKS.