Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Alert

Rate this question

spike

Question

I know this is going to disturb a lot of people. But I guess I should inform everyone. I spoke to a very reliable VSR at the RO in Buffalo named Skip. He indicated that with everything going on and the whole direction of the Vets who are from 9/11 and Persian Gulf are Priority #1. Direction has come very recently internally to VSRs from "HEAD BOSSES" that they are to rate claims of Vets after 9/11 and then DIC claims, then others.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Crappy but true. This is the politics of war showing it's ugly head. What is really unbelievable is that it is for all vets that served overseas since 9/11/01, not just veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. I suppose we should all have a category now just like at the VAMC :angry:

• HadIt.com Elder

Well if its true than they found a new way to split the Veteran Community.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Founder

it probably is true and they will once again try to divide us against each other, we must stand together, be happy for our brothers and sisters who get their rating and hold their feet to the fire about the rest of us.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

This has been policy for some time now. I personally disagree with this, as a veteran is a veteran is a veteran. Having said this though, for the most part the disabilities that these veterans are coming back with are relatively easy, cut and dry claims that go pretty quick. i.e. amputations, traumatic bain injuries and so forth. The VA doesn't really have to go on hunting expidetions for their records because, generally, they are all relatively new and aren't scattered all of the country.

Vike 17

That's good-

I dont see any vets getting much pirority at Buffalo RO-

One of the RO reps told me months ago they were working on Saturdays trying to get VCAA letters out-

Guess this means they will be working Sundays.

The amount of Remands that Buffalo RO has due to improper VCAA notice or even lack of VCAA letters- is just unconscionable and I have griped about it over their heads-

Also a search I did of my POA with claims in Buffalo shows the same problems but it also shows that -although Buffalo isnt complying with the VCAA- my POA has sat back and allowed it to occur.

Some vets with my POA get VCAAs that are specific and some just get a ballpark generic piece of paper-

The VCAA is explained in great detail in the VBM.In my case I found a recent claim from a widow at the BVA similiar to mine and they remanded telling the RO what to do- to tell the widow in a Proper VCAA letter to get an IMO. I got 3 IMos and never received a proper VCAA letter yet.

New combat wounded veteran's claims should be a piece of cake-I think the Ros will use it as one more excuse as to why some claims take years to be resolved because they arent done right in the first place.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Don't be to quick to think these claims will be black and white. Remember we are dealing with the VA here. Take for instance a TBI. Yep pretty simple - IED exploded, soldier was in vehicle now he has TBI. HOWEVER, just think about the residuals from such an injury. If you do not think this will take months to years to obtain IMO's etc... then you need to go back to bed and sleep a couple of hours. Past the initinal injury these claims will presented with the same problems our claims now face. jmho