Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Alert

Rate this question

spike

Question

I know this is going to disturb a lot of people. But I guess I should inform everyone. I spoke to a very reliable VSR at the RO in Buffalo named Skip. He indicated that with everything going on and the whole direction of the Vets who are from 9/11 and Persian Gulf are Priority #1. Direction has come very recently internally to VSRs from "HEAD BOSSES" that they are to rate claims of Vets after 9/11 and then DIC claims, then others.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Betrayed:

You say this has been going on for a long time. You know we are in a region that has a huge backload. Why was my NOD done in 5 months start to finish?

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

It's good to see these troops are getting help.

If it wasn't for those troops at Walter Reed, practically dragging the news media into it, nothing would be changed today. "THEY" are the brave ones.

Guess theres some that missed the testimony, of the wife of a brain injured soldier before congress & what she endured. Wonder what she would change if put in charge.

Is that, "if" older vets are put back in line? or do we have to wait until the age of 70, before our claims are processed?

Betrayed:

You say this has been going on for a long time. You know we are in a region that has a huge backload. Why was my NOD done in 5 months start to finish?

Cavman

when I say a long time the first letter from the director of the VA telling them to do OEF/OIF vets ahead of eveyone else wqas written in march 2003 that was over four years ago, is that not a long time to you? so they have been doing this for 4 years at least , read the article I wrote at www.betrayedveteran.com about the segregation of veterans. Its on the front page and easy to find. A vet is a vet is a vet. We are all the same and no one deserves benefits above the other

when I say a long time the first letter from the director of the VA telling them to do OEF/OIF vets ahead of eveyone else wqas written in march 2003 that was over four years ago, is that not a long time to you? so they have been doing this for 4 years at least , read the article I wrote at www.betrayedveteran.com about the segregation of veterans. Its on the front page and easy to find. A vet is a vet is a vet. We are all the same and no one deserves benefits above the other

Actually, what Spike is referring to is a recent change. The previous VA guidance was to help the claimants with serious injuries only to and get them rated ASAP. The new guidance is to work all claims for veterans who served overseas (anywhere overseas; not just Iraq and Afghanistan) and were discharged after 9/11/01. In other words, a veteran who served in Italy for six months in 2004 and is claiming s/c for hemorrhoids and a hang nail now takes precedence over a Korean War veterans claims for residuals of cold injury or a Vietnam veterans claim for diabetes and so on and so forth.

Edited by theotherguy

Actually, what Spike is referring to is a recent change. The previous VA guidance was to help the claimants with serious injuries only to and get them rated ASAP. The new guidance is to work all claims for veterans who served overseas (anywhere overseas; not just Iraq and Afghanistan) and were discharged after 9/11/01. In other words, a veteran who served in Italy for six months in 2004 and is claiming s/c for hemorrhoids and a hang nail now takes precedence over a Korean War veterans claims for residuals of cold injury or a Vietnam veterans claim for diabetes and so on and so forth.

I dont buy that for a minute all the media is crying over OEF/OIF and the VA has some real bad light on it, give me a good reason to justify your explanation

• HadIt.com Elder

What is really bad is some of the RVN vets who come down with AO type cancer and have to wait. They can't wait because they may be dying. A year is a very long time for someone with cancer. Hire more raters and hire them quickly.