Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Clinic Refused Champva

Rate this question

KHJH

Question

I called St. Mary's Womens Clinic today and they said they did not accept

ChampVA and I would be liable for the full amount of the bill. This is the first

time I've tried to use the ChampVa. Is it going to be difficult to find a clinic that will

accept ChampVA?

Kathy

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Kathy--

I have used Champva for several years now. What I have found is that if a doc/hospital accepts Medicare patients, they accept Champva.

Teresa

I called St. Mary's Womens Clinic today and they said they did not accept

ChampVA and I would be liable for the full amount of the bill. This is the first

time I've tried to use the ChampVa. Is it going to be difficult to find a clinic that will

accept ChampVA?

Kathy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• HadIt.com Elder

Our experience with wife's ChampVA is that not only is it accepted but they are glad to get it. Like Teresa says if they take Medicare they also take ChampVA.

Our experience has been that ChampVA is actually a pretty quick payer.

Good Luck you should ask arond and make sure that they are not confusing with Tri-Care.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
Kathy--

I have used Champva for several years now.  What I have found is that if a doc/hospital accepts Medicare patients, they accept Champva.

Teresa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think a lot of providers don't even know what ChampVA is and think it is Tricare.

My wife uses ChampVA and the doctors office oftentimes bills it out to tricare and then she gets the bill and has to let them know the difference. When they bill correctly payments are made pretty quickly. Overall she has had good experience with ChampVA.

Art

undefined

My wife uses ChampVA and the doctors office oftentimes bills it out to tricare and then she gets the bill and has to let them know the difference. When they bill correctly payments are made pretty quickly. Overall she has had good experience with ChampVA.

Art

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My wife has Champ VA and has not had any problems with providers.

Jim Lane

Not one single psychiatrist in the greater portland area accepts either medicare, tricare or champVA....these are among the worst insurance companies in the country and, if I were a doctor, I wouldn't accept them either. Next time you get one of those "this isn't a bill" letters from tricare/medicare/etc, take a look at exactly how much they pay for services....I remember one in which tricare was billed about $3000 and they only paid $19. Often times, there will be several charges on the list that are just flat refused and nothing is paid...would you accept those terms as a doctor?

Unfortunately, the doctors who tend to accept these insurances are often some of the worst doctors in a given area, because the good ones won't work for scraps.