Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attack On Sc

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Reading VAwatchdog I see there is a article on how vets are getting compensation for conditions that are minor and possibly age related. I think the Bush administration has been gearing up to attack many conditions as not really SC related. At the same time they are saying support the troops they are trying to undermine service connection for a host of conditions. The Watchdog is alerting us to this attack on our benefits that is coming from the VA and the administration in an attempt to reduce the budget in the wake of all the new claims from Iraq vets.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Chuck

If I had to live just on my VA compensation I would be hard up living in Florida where costs have gone up and up in recent years. VA compensation is not enough without SSDI and my other disability income. We are being punished for serving.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lets look this at another angle. Im a IU Vet and as I get close to 65 my service connected disability gets worse with age aso I file to change the IU to 100% schedular.

Any IU Vet who has evidence of SC worsening should file for 100 percent.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think if they messed with IU it would have to be a balancing act between several variables. First they should set a point where IU becomes permanent and irreversible, such as 10 years from the effective date.

I know people in their 80's who have absolutely no desire to quit working nor do they have any medical problem keeping them from working. It would not surprise me if the VA might develop a policy to call people in for a physical and if they determined that non service connected medical issues prevent someone from working they might try to pull the IU in the same manner as other inter-current injuries effect a rating.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.