Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Condition = 60%= 100% Tdiu

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

If a veteran has a condition with multiple SC ratings but the VA combines them for the purpose of TDIU and they equal 60% disabling --will that then qualify the veteran to the TDIU? For example,

PN (feet) bilateral 21%

Heart (CAD) 30%

DMII 20%

HTN/HBP 10%

________

60% - Does this then mean that because all the individual disabling processes are combined under DMII for TDIU thus making this veteran eligible for TDIU at 100%.

But then also if these disabling processes continue to worsen they also are rated serately in the event the verteran asks for an increase in the rating for any of these SC conditions.

Please correct me if my thinking is wrong on this.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin a Nuclear perfusion scan only estimates the volume of blood being pumped by the heart. The only true Ejection fraction is by heart cath where the MD actually measures the EF.

If it is actually less than 50, Then the 30 percent rating should be increased to 60.

That would Hold the door open for IU.

I would recommend any Vet to get a heart cath is there is suspected heart disease. The Cath is the only true way to determine the scope of the disease. It also allows a doc to measure the pressure in the pulmonary arteries called a pulmonary angiogram if the patient has sleep apnea. If a patient has service connected heart disease and Sleep Apnea there is a chance of having pulmonary Hypertension.

Service connected PH is 100 percent schedular according to the directives under heart disease.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Guest jangrin

john,

thankyou for the post. Yes, you are correct about the heart cath. yes, the 59 is not accurate and the NP guessed as to the METS for the C&P exam (she said 7 METS).I don't know where she came up with the 7 METS.

All we have is VA for medical until 12/07. If the VA cardiologist is afraid to do the heart cath as it could cause more problems what are we suppose to do. The raters have no idea this is what is going on. So the rating will be low-balled because they have not been explained the whole picture. Records are not that clear from the VA and why they have made certain decisions.

If the raters had called to talk to us maybe it would have helped, but now we know that it has been rated and we should hear in the next month. I know we will have to ask for a reconsideration, as we gather current medical records that the VA has not seen yet. The new records are from first treatment in about 9 months. So things have changed alot in that time frame.

How do we go about getting the VA to do the heart cath when they don't want to take a chance.We thought that the heart cath would also determine the blockage and possible stent. The problem is the calcium is throughout the heart and on the cd of the cat scan there are multiple areas that are longer then the stents they make.

Jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

No matter what your current rating is keep in mind that the rating can be changed if it is not correct. 30% can be cahnged to yield 100%. None of us are locked in by a formula the VA is.

Most here have started off with a lowball rating.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin, I had to consult the expert.

The Cat Scan was actually called a 64 slice ct and it is a great diagnostic tool.

To ease your mind you need to ask Cardiology a few questions.

What is the extent of the calcifications given the score you have.

Are there any blockages and if so exactly where are they. Are they in the main artery or secondary arteries. ( Very important you get this answered)

A blockage in secondary arteries can be dealt with by cath. A blockage in the main requires surgical intervention.

As far as a cath being done, The docs are supposed to know best, however as a person also service connected for theat disease( CAD) I always get second opinions from other doctors.

If you can, email me the ct results and other information and I will have it translated into plain english.

John

Edited by jbasser

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Jbasser- I got all this info from an ECHO report they did on my husband-

is that the same as a nuclear scan?

The ECHO report revealed arterial narrowing and calcification in percentages as I recall as well as the EF.

The ECHO helped me prove malpractice but do I understand you correctly that the ECHO is a limited means of determining heart disease due to atherosclerosis?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta an echo is an ultrasound of the heart.

A Nuclear scan is where an isotope ( Radioactive) is injected into the blood stream.

After a certain amount of time 1 hour, the person is placed under a scanner to see the heart and blood vessels with the isotope.

None of these tests will outweigh a Cardiac Cath.

Did rod have a heart cath? If so you may want to look at it.