Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lung Disease

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Going through emmak's husband medical records and I am discovering that he has had lung disease for years. Question is

Has any one heard of Parenchymal Disease, Lingula, Atelectasis and can it be connected to Vietnam Era?

He also has a history of Chronic Brochitis. I am assuming that is also connected to Vietnam Era.

Thanks

JohnM's Wife Dianne

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I eat breakfast with a guy that had the same type of experience as the person described below. I am not a doctor so this is not a medical opinion but the man who eats with us had a stroke. Ironic thing was he was an avid runner and in a lot better shape than I. Point being, I wonder if the man has any cardio issues. Terry Sturgis
Yes diagnoissed in March of 2006

Yes diagnoissed in March of 2006 But his lung problems where discovered in the early 80's and he was not told by his doctors until this year. and once we got his medical files we found out that the doctor knew about his lungs, Now he is really bad. I am afraid that we will lose him sooner than later.

"Yes diagnoissed in March of 2006 But his lung problems where discovered in the early 80's and he was not told by his doctors until this year. and once we got his medical files we found out that the doctor knew about his lungs, Now he is really bad. I am afraid that we will lose him sooner than later."

If these were VA doctors, and the records clearly reveal that he had a documented lung condition which they failed to treat medically-and by their failure to treat it, this caused further disability--- he has basis for Section 1151 claim as well as any other type of claim you might be helping him with.

Section 1151 claims require:

1.proof of VA medical error (misdiagnosis,lack of proper diagnosis,inappropriate medications,surgical error, etc)

2, proof of additional documented disability or death directly due to VA negligence or medical error.

Edited by Berta

"Yes diagnoissed in March of 2006 But his lung problems where discovered in the early 80's and he was not told by his doctors until this year. and once we got his medical files we found out that the doctor knew about his lungs, Now he is really bad. I am afraid that we will lose him sooner than later."

If these were VA doctors, and the records clearly reveal that he had a documented lung condition which they failed to treat medically-and by their failure to treat it, this caused further disability--- he has basis for Section 1151 claim as well as any other type of claim you might be helping him with.

1.proof of VA medical error (misdiagnosis,lack of proper diagnosis,inappropriate medications,surgical error, etc)

2, proof of additional documented disability or death directly due to VA negligence or medical error.

This failure was from his Primary Doctor not VA, He didn't start going to the VA until 2006

This failure was from his Primary Doctor not VA, He didn't start going to the VA until 2006

Going through emmak's husband medical records and I am discovering that he has had lung disease for years. Question is

Has any one heard of Parenchymal Disease, Lingula, Atelectasis and can it be connected to Vietnam Era?

He also has a history of Chronic Brochitis. I am assuming that is also connected to Vietnam Era.

Thanks

JohnM's Wife Dianne