Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lung Disease

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Going through emmak's husband medical records and I am discovering that he has had lung disease for years. Question is

Has any one heard of Parenchymal Disease, Lingula, Atelectasis and can it be connected to Vietnam Era?

He also has a history of Chronic Brochitis. I am assuming that is also connected to Vietnam Era.

Thanks

JohnM's Wife Dianne

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you want to know what was going on during the VN years read the medical digests, from those years. When I was researching scrub typhus I came across many medical journal reports warning the MD's of what to be on the lookout for in returning vets. Funny, they never told us!!!

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffuse_paren...al_lung_disease

there is a link for you to look at. It appears that it is Fibrosis. Has this Vet ever been exposed to asbestos of other materials like sand blasting?

I too have atelectasis. It is a condition similar to a baloon. If there is not enough air to expand the baloon, It will be flatter on the dges.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffuse_paren...al_lung_disease

there is a link for you to look at. It appears that it is Fibrosis. Has this Vet ever been exposed to asbestos of other materials like sand blasting?

I too have atelectasis. It is a condition similar to a baloon. If there is not enough air to expand the baloon, It will be flatter on the dges.

John

I asked him last night if he was ever exposed to asbestos at anytime. He spent 9yrs in the Army and got out 40 years ago, doesn't know if he was or not. His duties where demolition and corps of enginers. But in my research I found that asbestos was in military equipment.

• HadIt.com Elder

What types of demolition did he do?

What was his mos. If he tore down buildings 40 years ago that was in the 60s and a lot of buildings were packed with asbestos.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

What types of demolition did he do?

What was his mos. If he tore down buildings 40 years ago that was in the 60s and a lot of buildings were packed with asbestos.

His MOS was 12B40 and Corps of Engineers, HE said he dosen't remember, Back in The Early 80's He lost his memory. It was kind of funny, He knew his name, went to work with a trailor behind his car and when he got to work they said to him that was a nice trailor and he didn't know that he had it, didn't know that he bought it, didn't know what he was to do at work,or how to punch in, but yet knew his name and telephone and his daughters name. that lasted for about a day or two, work had him transfred to the hospital and they never really found out what it caused his memory loss, and of course today he has a hard time remembering things. So when you ask him something its hard to get an answer from him. He is now 65. He enlisted in 1956 and got out in 1967 and like I said he was in demolition and anything could be possible.

Guest terrysturgis

I eat breakfast with a guy that had the same type of experience as the person described below. I am not a doctor so this is not a medical opinion but the man who eats with us had a stroke. Ironic thing was he was an avid runner and in a lot better shape than I. Point being, I wonder if the man has any cardio issues. Terry Sturgis