VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally...after 5 Years, Won Bva Appeal On My Own!

Rate this topic

GW1 Veteran

Congratulations on a Job well done.

You were an Army MP. and you are 100% schedular in Voc Rehab.

Can you still perform the duties of a Police officer?

Unfortunately, no...I cannot. Hence the need for Voc Rehab towards a desk job; which is the most I can do...however long my degenerative disc disease of the entire spine and chronic muscle spams of in my back allow me to perform.

I try hard to ignore the pain and do what I can...but sooner or later it will get the best me. Nevertheless, it will not take me down without a fight helping other veterans get what they deserve!

GW1 Veteran

Edited by GW1 Veteran

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

GW1

Are you worried that the VA will reduce your 100% rating if you go back to work? I am sure you have a plan in place if that comes up in the future. Tell us your thoughts on this.

• HadIt.com Elder

GW1, have you paid in the required amount of Quarters to draw SSD?

You can draw SSD and VA comp concurrently with no penalties of offset.

If you can do that, then you may be OK.

Edited by jbasser

GW1

Are you worried that the VA will reduce your 100% rating if you go back to work? I am sure you have a plan in place if that comes up in the future. Tell us your thoughts on this.

Nope, not worried at all.

A veteran who is 100% schedular can work without reduction in his/her % rating (so say the regulations I've read and come to understand). A veteran cannot be punished for wanting to contribute to society by working despite the 100% rating.

The only time work and 100% ratings being reduced come into question is 100% IU; however, the regulations do clearly state that a veteran can still work as long as the pay from that work is below the census poverty line. Unfortunately, some VA offices don't understand that regulation and reduce a veteran's 100% IU rating back to its original rating before IU was granted. Doing such -against regulations- is what really hurts veterans because it takes forever to appeal that mistake; meanwhile the veteran may go into debt or what have you and cause further physical and/or emotional stress and anxiety.

GW1 Veteran

GW1, have you paid in the required amount of Quarters to draw SSD?

You can draw SSD and VA comp concurrently with no penalties of offset.

If you can do that, then you may be OK.

Oh yeah jbasser, I have; and I even applied for it a little over a year ago and was DENIED thrice. Their reasoning was completely fallacious and unsubstantiated. I'm sure if I hired a lawyer I'd get it given my laundry list of conditions; but hey, that's okay...I will hold onto that egg a little longer and cash it in later for myself (and not pay a lawyer) when they simply cannot deny it (my back condition is getting worse (among others), can't even mow my own lawn anymore, had to hire someone).

GW1 Veteran