VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Posting Problems

Berta

No I dont have a virus- my antivirus program was stopping an executable virus from infecting me.

Will have my PC man check this all out soon-

I sure am grateful for the virus protection I have-and I get automatic updates all the time.

I often click on links while here at hadit to copy the addy etc-or the info into my post----usually VA links but not always-maybe that was why the virus thing clicked on--other web sites-

but it stopped the virus from infecting me.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I dont have a virus- my antivirus program was stopping an executable virus from infecting me.

Will have my PC man check this all out soon-

I sure am grateful for the virus protection I have-and I get automatic updates all the time.

I often click on links while here at hadit to copy the addy etc-or the info into my post----usually VA links but not always-maybe that was why the virus thing clicked on--other web sites-

but it stopped the virus from infecting me.

• In Memoriam

Dataman is right about system restore. When your system reboots if your system restore is on, the ad ware or file will continually try to reload.

Only way is to turn it off. And then reboot. After reboot you can turn your system restore back on.

Have you tried to turn off system restore?

Yes- seems OK now-thanks all --- I sure am grateful for the virus protection I have-and I NEVER open weird email-

I cannot believe the ebay and Pay pal scams out there and people actually fall for this crap-

not to mention the Nigerians-

getting a PC house call soon too- to see if I need any sort of upgrades-this set up is still all fairly new-

my sattelite dish people have an offer for even faster service-but what could be faster than 100 MBPS ?

• In Memoriam

I am glad that all is working well again.

For those who don't know how to turn off System Restore, to rid yourself of re-occurring add-ware and Virus.

• Control Panel
  • Click on the System Icon
  • Click on the System Restore Tab
  • Put a check on the Turn off System Restore on all Drives box
  • Reboot your computer.....You can use your Virus program and Spy Removal program to scan....now..
  • After the scans go back and un check the Turn off System Restore on all Drives box.
  • Then Reboot.

I like to make sure that my system is clean before I do this. Clean....meaning that all my updates are working properly.

Guest Dataman

That's a Nice Feature of XP. Waste of programming. Most of the time System Restore won't work if you get a Virus anyway. System has to shutdown for it to down. Guess what the virus does? Hang the system on shutdown (most do).

I can have been to some web sites that completly destroy a machine by just visiting the site. With all Updates from MS and active Anti Spyware and Anti Virus, behind Firewall.

The Web can be dangerous. But Windows is easily reloaded if you take the time. Drivers is what stops most people.

Time to get the drivers and burn them on CD is before you need them.