VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Getting It.

Rate this topic

10thFO

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, even though your 50% is low I think given all the facts you should apply for IU. All the VA can say is NO. Part of the definition of IU aside from the percentage of disability is the demonstrated fact that you cannot work due to your SC condition.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

great news - i got a desk and chair thru voc rehab it's all ergonmic and very adjustable it has made things so much easier for me. i hope all turns out well with you.

I had a Dr's appointment this week to increase pain meds, and set up some new treatments hopefully. All the while I've been in Voc Rehab for about the last year. They were doing an independent study to find out if it were feasible for employment. I was already at 70% and 50 of that was PTSD, so I qualified to be considered for IU. Well in my decision last May they never mentioned that Possibility so I went through Voc Rehab to see if there was something I could do. Already knew that answer but hey gotta do the time.

So I had statement from my Vet Center therapists saying definitely unemployable. VA Psych's report said unemployable temporary, with positive treatment results may be able to work. So Voc Rehab said, we need an independent contractor. I meet with this guy and he's trying to give me a job as a night clerk as my gainful employment.

Meanwhile my Primary care Dr. on Thursday filled out the form that Voc. Rehab had given me to take to them about my back and physical limitations. I am happy to report the following.

Veteran has chronic conditions that severly limit his employment possibilities. I think Veteran will not be able to work at all. Then went on to mark on the Functional Ability Request Form that :Veteran Currently able to work? NO . If no is this temp. or perm. PERMANENT. Combination of sever CTS, Back Pain, radiculopathy and PTSD makes Vet PERMANENTLY UNEMPLOYABLE.

YAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I took this to the Regional Office immediatly and gave them a date stamped copy. Then walked down the partitioned office to my VOC REHAB counselors office and gave her the original. She read the report and told me that's all I needed and that she would call the outside agency and tell them my case was closed. She is writing up the unfeasible for employment statement to give to the people upstairs. Will also be sending me for a form for ILS. Not sure if I will get this done or not, my home is a single level except for washer and dryer in basement. HMm. Maybe I can get the money for my addition and put the laundry where my current bathroom is. She marked that I could Rarely Climb stairs,Sit, Stand. She marked that I could NEVER Stoop/Bending, Balancing, Kneeling, Crawling, Reaching and pick up 10 lbs or less for maximum weight in an 8 hour work day. My counselor was upset that the outside contractor tried to put me in a desk clerk position at a hotel. It didn't meet my aptitude and interest assesments that they do. My Vet Center Therapist laughed. He said "yeah right, someone comes in and holds YOU up on the night shift? Then all hell breaks loose."

So now I just have to wait for the paperwork to be processed I realize that this will be another wait, but at least I know it will be coming, and for that I am so relieved I can't even describe it. Thanks for all the help HADIT.COM. I'll still be around, as I'm helping some Vets voluntarily now. I'm also sponsoring a Hole in a Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament. The sign says. "www.Hadit.com" "Helping Vets with their rightful benefits."