VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Timeline for Rateing after RO receives C&P results

Rate this question

msattler

Question

Hello fellow Veterans, Does anyone know how long it is taking the regional office rater to rate a claim after they receive it from the Vamc, it was received by them on Jan.15 and is for a single issue, Ebenefits is still showing in the GOE stage and called the 800# yesterday Peggy said it is still in the development stage.

My original claim took 14 months.  My appeal is still going forward another 26 months later.  I have been awarded 100% TDIU, yet I have NOT received ANY award/rating letter.  I still have appeals for MDD and OSA that have not been acted upon AND my "retro" compensation has been short-changed by at least 35 months @ 100%.  That adds up to ~$80,000 and maybe more.

This all takes patience and perseverance.  Two years into this I finally hired a lawyer because of the stress it was/is causing and the fact that I needed someone more experienced and on top of the VA game.  Hang in there, you are in for a long haul unfortunately.

Mine went from that all the way back to gathering evidence and then 3 months after that, new C&Ps scheduled again.  The true answer is, who knows?  Too many variables and an unreliable agency overseeing the process.  Good luck, with a single issue, you 'should' be almost done!