VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won VA CUE Claim, Now What?

Rate this question

Guest ScareCrow

Question

Guest ScareCrow

Hello,

I have recently won a VA CUE Claim award/decision on a couple of service connected disability ratings retroactively several years back at a higher VA rating and to the VA's credit which was decided in my favor without even requesting one.....

However its been a couple months now and yet I have received nothing yet, are VA CUE claim awards backlogged for several months perhaps or does the VA pay immediately on VA CUE awards like they do on regular VA claims that are decided in your favor?

Thank you

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Congratulations on your CUE victory!

To try and answer your question, it probably depends on where the CUE was won. If it was won at the BVA level, they will likely remand it back to the VARO level to be handled. If it was won at the VARO level, there's no telling what might be holding it up. It might be worth it to check ebenefits, contact your VSO (if you have one), or perhaps even call the 1-800 number to check the current status.

Depending on the amount of retro money that is due, it is possible that it might need to go up the VA chain for payment review and approval.

I do have a question. Was the CUE part of an active appeal?

Guest ScareCrow

Thank you.

Those are some great questions, how would I tell at what level that it came from?

Everytime that I call the VA 1800 # it says that they are too busy to take the call, not those exact words but mostly and then it disconnects the call.....

I have been on VA eBenefits but dont see anything in relation to "CUE Claim", so I am not sure if its listed there, does it have to be listed there and if so what might it look like?

Do others receive their CUE Claim award immediately or do most have to wait a while on average?

Someone suggested that perhaps I already got it over a period of time and didnt realize it, but if that was the case then why are they telling me 2 months ago with a recently dated award letter?

Edited by ScareCrow

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Did the CUE result in an increase in your combined rating?

For example, from 30% to 50%...

Guest ScareCrow

Yes it did and then went back several years as well.

However it was for 1 service connected disability and with that recent CUE increase would now have made that disability the highest rated disability at that time if that matters.....

Edited by ScareCrow

I am not sure when your CUE claim was rated or where your CUE claim was rated but VA will have to calculate what they owe you verses what they already paid you month by month and we all know that VA won't do anything fast and hardly correct. Congrats. on your win, good on you for sticking it out.

You might want to contact your RO via IRIS...go to www.va.gov,c lick on the Contact us thing at the top, then on Ask a Question and they will redirect you to where you can ask them what happended to the retro.

I always suggest asking them for an email reply so that you have hard copy of it and they cant make something up by phone.

Yes Congrats are in order . Did they send you some form of an audit in the decision?