• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won VA CUE Claim, Now What?

Rate this question

Guest ScareCrow

Question

Guest ScareCrow

Hello,

I have recently won a VA CUE Claim award/decision on a couple of service connected disability ratings retroactively several years back at a higher VA rating and to the VA's credit which was decided in my favor without even requesting one.....

However its been a couple months now and yet I have received nothing yet, are VA CUE claim awards backlogged for several months perhaps or does the VA pay immediately on VA CUE awards like they do on regular VA claims that are decided in your favor?

Thank you

Congrats on the great news, and hard to say what happens now. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Guest ScareCrow
On 2/13/2016 at 4:42 AM, Berta said:

Can you scan and attach the CUE award here? (Cover C file #, name, address)

One CUE I had took 6 years, the others took mere months or a few weeks,but that was because they made CUE in a new decision and I jumped on them right away.

The 6 year CUE involved a lot of retro which was in my bank the same week  I got the award letter.

A CUE Regional Counsel found in one of my decisions years ago that my RO had ignored my evidence on, involved a 5 figure check in my mailbox and after 2-3 calls to 800# neither they or I knew what it was for...and then the letter came explaining it.

Something seems odd in your case, if you expect retro that has not arrived yet.

The VA CUE was already decided in my favor, I didnt even know about it until it was completed as this was what they decided.

Here is basically what the VA said below in Italics(personal information determined by myself has been removed. Sorry, but I just dont feel comfortable posting that kind of info as some may do and if its any consolation I also do not have any social media accounts either as I think its a bad idea. This is not because of other veterans but because its posted on the internet is all. I am at a high VA service connected percentage and the VA CUE would be significant probably 5 to 6 figures. Anyway I do greatly appreciate the help, thank you.)-

A special review of your file was conducted. Based on the review and the evidence listed below,
we have made the following decision.
This letter tells you about your entitlement amount and payment start date and what we decided.
It includes a copy of our rating decision that gives the evidence used and reasons for our
decision. We have also included information about additional benefits, what to do if you
disagree with our decision, and who to contact if you have questions or need assistance.

Your monthly entitlement amount is shown below(pay chart going back many years).

We are paying you as a veteran with dependents.

Your payment begins the first day of the month following your effective date. You will
receive a payment covering the initial amount due under this award, minus any withholdings.
Thereafter, payment will be made at the beginning of each month for the prior month. For
example, benefits due for May are paid on or about June 1.

Your payment will be directed to the financial institution and account number that you
Specified. To confirm when your payment was deposited, please contact that ·financial
institution.

We determined the following:
I. A clear and unmistakable error is found in the assignment effective date for the
percent evaluation of. An earlier effective date for the evaluation of percent is
established .
2. A clear and unmistakable error is found in the effective date assigned for service
connection of . An earlier effective date of  is
established.
Your overall or combined rating is  effective  and then it becomes
effective . Your overall or combined rating is  effective
and then it becomes . We do not add the individual percentages of
each condition to determine your combined rating. We use a combined rating table that
considers the effect from the most serious to the least serious conditions.
We have enclosed a copy of your Rating Decision for your review. It provides a detailed
explanation of our decision, the evidence considered, and the reasons for our decision. Your
Rating Decision and this letter constitute our decision based on your claim received on
. It represents all claims we understood to be specifically made, implied, or
inferred in that claim.

I hope that info helps. Thank you.

Guest ScareCrow
18 hours ago, Navy04 said:

Congrats on the great news, and hard to say what happens now. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Thank you.

If the decision you posted, in part, above, was 2 months ago, then, you probably should have already received the applicable retro payment.  

Some things can delay this, however, such as an audit for concurrent receipt if you are retired military.  

Also, are you receiving payments via direct deposit to your checking account, and have you checked ebenefits to make sure your bank information is accurate, and has not been changed by hackers?  

I also agree with Berta, that you should send an IRIS email inquiring as to what happened to your retro?  

Guest ScareCrow

Yes Direct Deposit, No changes to same.

Yes I have communicated to VA IRIS, nothing back yet, I also have counsel looking into it as well though.

Regardless however it makes absolutely no sense for this to occur without an obvious award since apparent and significant changes were made recently, unless perhaps its such a large amount that it takes more time or some other redtape.....