VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is C-File Request Considered A Claim

Rate this question

gs106

Question

Thanks Dot, I have my military medical records (made two copies when I retired) except for my first three years of service.  Not much from those three years except pneumonia and fractured heel (SC 0%).  I also have copies of my military personnel records.  I requested a copy of the C-file so I could see what they looked at on a denied claim.  It appears that they didn't look at anything - not even the copies of pertinent medical records I sent with the claim.

I sent the C-file request certified mail/return receipt requested but haven't received the green card.  USPS tracking shows that it was delivered but not status on the return receipt.  I guess I'll go to the post office and see if they can tell me why there's no status.

Edited by gs106
To add additional information

Most people think VA is a unifed body.  That is, if you file xx, then VA will yy.  This is not always, or even most of the time the case, especially with ebenefits.  

Ebenefits varies wideley among RO's as to when/if they update it, how accurately the do so, and more.  

You just dont know.  Sometimes, VA has been somewhat good about keeping my ebenefits up to date and accurate, while other times its terrible.   Its as unreliable as a drunk, drug addicted teenager working at McDonalds.   

I have everything ready to submit the new claim...just waiting for the pending claim to close before I submit.  It has been "Preparation For Decision" for a little over two weeks.  Been there before but went back to Gathering Of Evidence twice.  Maybe they'll make a decision this time.

On 4/10/2016 at 3:22 PM, gs106 said:

Thanks Dot, I have my military medical records (made two copies when I retired) except for my first three years of service.  Not much from those three years except pneumonia and fractured heel (SC 0%).  I also have copies of my military personnel records.  I requested a copy of the C-file so I could see what they looked at on a denied claim.  It appears that they didn't look at anything - not even the copies of pertinent medical records I sent with the claim.

I sent the C-file request certified mail/return receipt requested but haven't received the green card.  USPS tracking shows that it was delivered but not status on the return receipt.  I guess I'll go to the post office and see if they can tell me why there's no status.

On 4/10/2016 at 1:55 PM, gs106 said:

Does anyone know if a C-File request will show as a claim on eBenefits?

A (C-File) request is considered a claim but it will not show up in eBenefits. Back on 01 Dec 2015 I faxed in my request to get my C-File from the VA. On or about Feb 8, 2016, I received a letter stating that my C-File request was sent to the records section for review. On or about 01 APR 16 I went to the Atlanta (VBA) Regional Office as a walk-in to see if the myth is true on asking to view your C-File. I filled out the request on stating you business at the VBA. and placed my form in the box as requested. The rep advised that someone will be with you shortly. After I sat in the waiting room for and hour and twenty minutes, I went up to the desk and ask about a representative to help with my request. I was told that the C-File is maintained at this location and that I couldn't view my C-File but it will be mailed to you. He went on to say that it was a myth and it will take on or about 3 to 4 month from the date on my letter to receive it. So I'm just wondering how long would I have sat in the waiting room before this information was revealed to me? This is my experience on the infamous C-File. 

Thanks, I thought I read a post from someone referring to an eBenefits estimated completion date for their C-file.  

Edited by gs106

I was told about my military records that I want to get a copy off was being held in Saint Louis mo the original copies and after I request them by fax it could take 4 to 6 months and they will send me a cd with that information on it