VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU benefit question

Rate this question

raidertone

Question

Filed for IU back in December but the va lost my paperwork, shocker I know. Had to resubmit in July. Looks like I got it. Haven't received envelope yet but ebenefits is showing claim closed and va letters were updated. 80% but compensated at 100% and considered total and permanent. Below is a pic of my benefit summary on ebenefits.

Does this mean my family will be eligible for champva and education benefits? Or does that only apply for 100% scheduler? Thanks in advance for any info.

Benefit Summary.jpg

16 minutes ago, raidertone said:

Filed for IU back in December but the va lost my paperwork, shocker I know. Had to resubmit in July. Looks like I got it. Haven't received envelope yet but ebenefits is showing claim closed and va letters were updated. 80% but compensated at 100% and considered total and permanent. Below is a pic of my benefit summary on ebenefits.

Does this mean my family will be eligible for champva and education benefits? Or does that only apply for 100% scheduler? Thanks in advance for any info.

Benefit Summary.jpg

Yes, it does.......I am IU PT and my children use chapter 35 and my family has Champva as well.   schedular100% or Iu either one PT gets you those benefits.

7 minutes ago, raidertone said:

Oh wow, thanks seminoles. I was under the impression it was just for 100% scheduler. What a blessing that will be for us. You totally made my day. :biggrin:

Make sure you look up any benefits your state has as well, in Florida, we are 100% exempt from all property taxes and my kids get 4 years of in state tuition, on top of their chapter 35 so they can easily graduate debt free!!

Wow. I gotta do some research on all this stuff. Does that make me eligible for va dental? I know it wouldn't cover dependents but I thought I read somewhere that the veteran can?

1 minute ago, raidertone said:

Wow. I gotta do some research on all this stuff. Does that make me eligible for va dental? I know it wouldn't cover dependents but I thought I read somewhere that the veteran can?

YES!  You can buy a decent policy for your family (which will cover you too if you want to do extra cleanings or just have an emergency)   http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/publications/IB10-442_dental_benefits_for_veterans_2_14.pdf      http://www.va.gov/healthBenefits/vadip/

Edited by seminoles