VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reconsideration for P&T

Rate this question

missunderstood

Question

I am 100% schedular for my PTSD but I need to get P&T. I understand that the VA believes that I will get better because MH conditions usually improve but mine has not. I went from 10% to 70% to now 100%. It is steadily getting worse. I don't understand why the VA wont give me P&T. I have been getting SSDI solely for PTSD since 2008 when it was rated at 10%. I have recently filed an intent to file asking for reconsideration of P&T along with a 21-4138 and denial letter from vocational rehab. I am also willing to do a C&P in they want one. I was just taken off of a suicide watch list about a week ago due to my extreme suicidal ideation and mental impairment. I also go to therapy weekly with a civilian provider that the VA pays for. I just hate having to jump through hoops for something that has no end in sight. I'm never going to wake up and be cured of this. I am also SMC S1 housebound since 2014.  Was just awarded the 100% and SMC S1 recently (back dated to 2014). Is the Voc Rehab denial considered new and material evidence or do I need more (just got denied voc rehab like 1 day ago)?

• HadIt.com Elder

Its great to get both, just make sure the VA don't low-ball you on your EED. 

P&T with chapter 35 educational allowance for dependents is great and the ChampVA is great too, its great to have the P&T...and you should get it with retro.