VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc letter

Rate this question

Guest Dmncleaner

Question

Guest Dmncleaner

If my iu claim appeal was denied and i am just tired of fighting and dealing with the va, can i tell my lawyer i am done? If they want to appeal am i obligated to do so or can i give up? Thanks in advance

Edited by Dmncleaner

Guest Dmncleaner

I dont want the iu, which is why in my first question if i could ask my lawyer if i could just give up on it .

My iu dro review was in june 2016

My new c&p exam was nov 18 2016. 

In my soc which was an appeal for iu and dated 29 nov. from my dro review for iu in june, they stated i was approved for 100 from my c&p exam in nov. 2016

My questions-

Can i quit the iu claim appeal?

Considering the statement on the soc letter that i am now rated 100, does it still have to go through all of the processing steps or am i just waiting on an award letter?

Thank you

Edited by Dmncleaner

If you knew how many Vets I have talked with that gave up and regretted it, you would understand.  

If you have a lawyer, you dont have much to do.  

Just let the lawyer worry about it.  Dont give up.  

Years ago, a girl friend of mine kept this on her desk.  

"Even worse than a quitter is the person afraid to try."  

You are already ahead, leading the pack of people afraid to start.  You can see all them behind you.  Every time she wanted to give up, she read that.  She succeeded in getting her EMT.  

Guest Dmncleaner

My iu dro review was in june 2016

My new c&p exam was nov 18 2016. 

In my soc which was an appeal for iu and dated 29 nov. from my dro review for iu in june, they stated i was approved for 100 from my c&p exam in nov. 2016

My question-

Considering the statement on the soc letter that i am now rated 100, does it still have to go through all of the processing steps or am i just waiting on an award letter?

Thank you

Edited by Dmncleaner

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say  wait for your Award Packet?...this will let you know how and why they rated you the 100% or if they gave you IU with P&T

Some times a VSO is not clear on ratings ?? 100% Scheduler  or 100%IU Extra Scheduler?

It sounds to me like the SOC WAS an award letter. ???

Buck is right....wait for the packet...maybe they awarded 100% with P & T or TDIU P & T.

If they did award the 100%, the TDIU claim is moot.

I would be checking my bank account soon if I were you ( and if they have your direct deposit info)

Guest Dmncleaner

Thank you buck and berta. Im trying not to get my hopes up. I just end up getting lost in the info. Lol.I will keep you both updated.